Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink is here in Australia?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
gliderol GDO-6v3

Your controller has the ability to accept an external receiver like the Homelink compatible Merlin E8003, you'll also need at least 1 Merlin E950 remote for the Homelink/Car programming, your existing remotes will still operate the door after the install of the new receiver.
It's not too hard to wire up yourself (connects to the terminal block labelled 01 in the attached screenshot from the controller manual I found online), but if you're unsure, you could contact a local garage door service company to do it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-11 at 6.28.53 am.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-11 at 6.28.53 am.png
    81.9 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Your controller has the ability to accept an external receiver like the Homelink compatible Merlin E8003, you'll also need at least 1 Merlin E950 remote for the Homelink/Car programming, your existing remotes will still operate the door after the install of the new receiver.
It's not too hard to wire up yourself (connects to the terminal block labelled 01 in the attached screenshot from the controller manual I found online), but if you're unsure, you could contact a local garage door service company to do it.

If you call merlin head office they will provide the name of the local supplier of the external reciever. The merlin state reps are door maintenence people, and are happy to install the reciever for a small fee.

Reactions: ARMARM
My place has a garage door that is used by everyone at the main entry and then individual doors for each townhouse so I would need 2 of them. Also don’t have internal access so would still need to bring the remote with me to get to the car.
Yes you would need two of them and presumably strata approval to install them. Your existing remote or whatever method you use for access wont change. The merlin device doesn’t change the existing device at all, it merely works in addition to it.

S
I’ve read that some users have had a homelink logo appear top right within the Summon screen. It doesn’t appear for me. Possibly limited by geography? Example source: Android app homelink | Tesla
Summon in australia is highly restricted to forward and reverse providing you are within 3m of the car.....which is more like 1m.
The version in other markets can do a significant amount more.

Reactions: Petergarrett38
My ‘early’ Model S came without Homelink and Tesla decline to sell the module despite later Model S coming with the feature. Might raise it again next time I’m talking to service.
Given they showing animations of a Model S arriving home and seemingly opening the gate/garage and parking itself Tesla should darn well offer the option as an upgrade (at the least, if not a requirement by law).

Given they showing animations of a Model S arriving home and seemingly opening the gate/garage and parking itself Tesla should darn well offer the option as an upgrade (at the least, if not a requirement by law).
I’ve still got (somewhere) a screen print of that material for those early tesla’s. It also said the car would read your diary, pull out of the garage and wait for you at the curb. The diary reading works.

So is homelink available for order (post delivery) in Australia?
For a Model 3? Yes! I had it installed on my wife's car, just use the service part in the Tesla app to request it, the cost is $460 installed.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 6.40.59 am.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 6.40.59 am.png
    733.6 KB · Views: 48
Last edited: