TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Homelink is here in Australia?

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by paulp, Sep 20, 2018.

1. aegidius

aegidius Member

Still got the icon here, 2016 (July) S90D. Can't program it.

2. conman

conman Active Member

My icon disappeared this evening. 2017 July Model S.

3. Dborn

Dborn Confirmed

4. paulp

paulp Active Member

I approached them a couple of years ago. They flat refused to ship any componant to australia.
    The silly part is there are plenty of exceptional door openers that use a basic app to work. Homelink is now somewhat obsolete technology. We have a big screen that takes apps.....tesla just need to either make their own or pick one.
    My homelink symbol has disappeared for the 3rd time.

5. paulp

paulp Active Member

There is no way Luke could be better then Gerard in Adelaide. We get fromt door service .

• Like x 2
  6. Jays200

Jays200 Member

7. EcoCloudIT

EcoCloudIT Member

@paulp - Luke has driven over an hour to pick up my car (when I was at a clients way out of Melbourne), drop off a loaner, drive my car back to Richmond, fix my car and then return it...on XMAS eve party...beat that ;-) My tech is better than yours :p

Oh and Andrew, service manager, has also dropped off a loaner X to pick up my wife's X with a free swap over, at like 8pm at night (he even had to drop his wife to Chadstone Shops ;))...my service manager to better than yours :p

hehehehe, on a serious note aren't we lucky Tesla attracts so many good people to work for them?

• Like x 1
  8. Icey

Icey Member

Tesla Staff are really good. Hopefully they get paid a decent rate for what they do.

9. paulp

paulp Active Member

The things we get to argue over....

10. EcoCloudIT

EcoCloudIT Member

#50 EcoCloudIT, Sep 25, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    @Icey - you can always find out what makes your favourite Tesla staff tick....for example until recently I didn't know that Luke has adopted 12 children from Tanzania, set up a house with nanny, built a school and has helped over 500 people regain their eye sight....literally set up a charity organisation, learnt Swahili and did all the aforementioned.....needless to say myself and my wife would like to help Luke with fund raising events and the like (any help to achieve this would be welcomed, pretty please)....

• Like x 1
  11. James_B

James_B Member

For some reason this just showed up on my screen today, hasn't been shown before. I gave it a few tries, but no joy, guess it's been mistakenly enabled for me.

12. Jays200

Jays200 Member

Got 2018.44. Homelink icon gone

13. ARMARM

ARMARM Member

The icon came up on mine after a reboot this morning, the car accepted the remote (B&D) after constantly pressing the button for well over a minute and the icon is now green, but it still won't work. I also tried the universal setting and pressing the learn code button on the opener .... still no go.

14. Petergarrett38

I have the icon and a 2018 model, have been attempting to get it to work to no avail. The car detects the remote and I have found the learn button on my brand new garage door. Can get it to work in either mode - standard or universal remote. Should I keep playing or wait until further instructions from Tesla?

15. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

You may be better off asking in this thread:
    Making homelink work In equipped model s/x

My 2014 Model S doesn’t have s the Homelink module and Tesla won’t sell me one.

16. ARMARM

ARMARM Member

Your door controller may not be compatible ... what brand is it?

17. paulp

paulp Active Member

There is a list of compatable doors for homelink online. Fairly much the only brands that will work in Australia are the ones affiliated with the homelink brand. Merlin is a homelink brand (cross ownership) which is why the merlin external reciever seems to work.

18. paulp

paulp Active Member

By ‘icon’ I presume you mean bnd icon? Bnd is not compatable with homelink. Easy to fix with a merlin external reciever and remote.

19. Petergarrett38

gliderol GDO-6v3

20. paulp

paulp Active Member

• Informative x 1