Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HomeLink Mirror Auto-fold

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a tight garage at home, so I really like how my mirrors auto-fold when I arrive home. Is there a way to have them auto-unfold when I pull out and the garage automatically closes?

Also, is there a way to have the cameras turn on when the mirrors fold? That would make parking so much easier.

Do you have homelink installed in your car? I'd have to go double check my configuration, but I think there is a homelink setting that unfolds the mirrors automatically. It's pretty cool, as I pull up to my driveway the garage door auto opens and the mirrors fold. Driving away, I left it as manual close on the garage door but the mirrors auto unfold.

I also turn on the rear camera when I pull into the garage. I can watch as the rear bumper just crosses the garage threshold and know I'm in far enough to close the garage door. Haven't seen a way to auto bring that up, but the button activate is a single press on the screen so pretty easy to manually turn on.

Cheers!

I have a tight garage at home, so I really like how my mirrors auto-fold when I arrive home. Is there a way to have them auto-unfold when I pull out and the garage automatically closes?

Also, is there a way to have the cameras turn on when the mirrors fold? That would make parking so much easier.
Unfolding occurs as you drive off and reach about 10mph. I unfold mine earlier using voice command "unfold mirrors". Unfortunately Homelink doesn't do the unfold on exiting.

I go straight into my garage, so I like them folding. I played a little more, and they do actually auto unfold, but I have to drive about a block away before that happens. I do wish Homelink had a setting to turn on the cameras when the garage opens and mirrors auto fold. Maybe I should tweet Elon. Is there an official Tesla suggestion method?