Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink now an option

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla will spend more than $300 to install this.

Makes absolutely zero sense.

So we have no idea if there is anything from Homelink that is causing these head scratching moves.

It’s not something that Tesla owns. They license it and maybe the licensing terms changed to where Tesla has to make adjustment.

Installing the chip and software unlock makes total sense but scheduling service to install it cost more than the $300 in revenue.

There is no way that less than 30 minutes from a service tech costs Tesla $300

So what does the PUP actually offer over the SR or SR+ besides few speakers, slackr radio streaming and a slight map upgrade? I was already confused how little my $5k PUP offered over the SR+ partial premium and SR base trim. If Tesla's goal is to get people into higher trims this is not the way. It just makes the SR and SR+ look more attractive thus downselling them and leading to reduced profits for Tesla.

If Tesla is battery-constrained, I’m sure they’re just as happy to sell more SRs. Note they just brought back the SR S and X as well. I guess they think Wall Street cares more about units delivered and total revenue than gross margin?

"Everyone on this forum is so quick to jump the gun."... is hyperbole. Just pointing that out. Take a deep breath. No pitch forks here. Just asking questions. No need to assume I'm assuming anything. Peace.
Haha clearly you weren’t here when all the prices first got adjusted, and Tesla was making big changes. I never said you specifically were assuming things.. dude are you serious or are you trolling me?

I took delivery today (6/14/19) on a P3D that was ordered on 6/1 and it came with Homelink (just programmed it, confirmed it works). Am I missing something or has the change not happened yet?