Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink - UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my LR AWD on 1st May. Should I be expecting homelink to be included? If not and I have to ask for it, do I need to pay for it? Also, I've read on some forums that the US homelink does not work with UK garage remotes as the frequencies are different.

I ordered my LR AWD on 1st May. Should I be expecting homelink to be included? If not and I have to ask for it, do I need to pay for it? Also, I've read on some forums that the US homelink does not work with UK garage remotes as the frequencies are different.

UK models don't come with homelink as standard. I was in the same position and showed Tesla a screen grab of the specs when I ordered. They agreed to retrofit it. A mobile mechanic did the biz. And it works fine with most UK garage doors. If not there is a cheap receiver you can fit to make it work. Its a bloody good system and well worth having.

I had it installed in my M3P. My original order was placed on 1 May for a LR AWD, but I amended it on 31 May for the P+ when the pricing changed. Mobile ranger installed the HomeLink module on 1 October and I was charged £270 (£225 & VAT). I didn't question it and was fine with paying.

Reactions: Roy W.
UK models don't come with homelink as standard. I was in the same position and showed Tesla a screen grab of the specs when I ordered. They agreed to retrofit it. A mobile mechanic did the biz. And it works fine with most UK garage doors. If not there is a cheap receiver you can fit to make it work. Its a bloody good system and well worth having.
I had it retrofitted for free but so far haven't found anything that works with it. Unfortunately the ones I'm wanting to use it on are flat car parks so I don't have the option of fitting any additional receiver. Given it was free to get done I thought worth having locked in for resale value at least.

Found the following resource - HomeLink

So far, managed to program 1 of 3 remotes. Looking to find if its compatible with rollertech 433.92Mhz remote.

Manufacturer not listed here at all.
https://homelink.com/assets/downloads/homelink_ukenglish.pdf

Anyone got experience of one of these? Chamberlain
Hi, I have a SWS roller shutter door with Rollertec V5 controller and remotes and I can't get my M3 homeland to work with it. Have you had any success? and how did you manage it?

I have a Sommer 868MhHz rolling code door that is not compatible with the Telsa Homelink system.

I purchased the Chamberlain system people have mentioned and listed by Homelink themselves and could not get that to work so I purchased a similar 868 MHz product from Sommer that uses a rolling code and is listed as compatible by Homelink on the Tesla and that did not work.

In both cases I could programme the remote into the Tesla, but then I could not pair the Tesla with the rolling code.

I note @Roy W. you said to try a fixed code remote with the Chamberlain system, but the remote you linked to says it is a rolling code remote. Were you able to programme that remote into the Chamberlain box then into theTesla without going through the second pairing step on the Tesla?

I have spent hours as well as almost £200 on various systems and still not managed to get the Tesla Homelink system to work. It is particularly annoying that the Chamberlain system is actually linked to the Homelink page as the solution and the extra Sommer system is also explicitly listed as being compatible by Homelink.

I have a Sommer 868MhHz rolling code door that is not compatible with the Telsa Homelink system.

I purchased the Chamberlain system people have mentioned and listed by Homelink themselves and could not get that to work so I purchased a similar 868 MHz product from Sommer that uses a rolling code and is listed as compatible by Homelink on the Tesla and that did not work.

In both cases I could programme the remote into the Tesla, but then I could not pair the Tesla with the rolling code.

I note @Roy W. you said to try a fixed code remote with the Chamberlain system, but the remote you linked to says it is a rolling code remote. Were you able to programme that remote into the Chamberlain box then into theTesla without going through the second pairing step on the Tesla?

I have spent hours as well as almost £200 on various systems and still not managed to get the Tesla Homelink system to work. It is particularly annoying that the Chamberlain system is actually linked to the Homelink page as the solution and the extra Sommer system is also explicitly listed as being compatible by Homelink.
I’m afraid I’ve had several goes, but so far I’ve never managed to get it working.

The remote I linked to is a rolling code, but I believe the idea is that you program both the Homelink receiver and the car with one continuous button press, so they both get the same code. AFAIK the code only rolls with each key press.

I’ve had another attempt today, and noticed that the car software now gives you a choice of three Homelink modes. I’ve tried all three earlier. Everything goes through as it’s supposed to - the Homelink receiver gets the code, and the car’s headlights flash to confirm that the same code has been grabbed by the car, but still the Homelink button on the screen does not operate the door.

Any existing UK Tesla users care to share their experiences of Homelink with UK doors and gates etc.

Model S with homelink - works OK on the one garage door I've tried to pair it to. Pairing process was tricky to get right, but once done it works fine. On driving up to the general location of the door, the car's UI pops up a button to press to open it (you can also go and select explicitly via the menu, especially if you have multiple adjacent doors).

My car is too old to have Summon, but the automatic interaction with garage doors there is problematic because many (like this one) use the same code for open and close - there have been reports of the car auto-closing the door onto itself as a transmission intended as "open" was interpreted by the door as "close". A feature to be ignored, I think.

Unfortunately I don't have details of this door that works to hand (it's 90 miles away from where I'm sitting). I did at the time find an official list of homelink-supported doors in Europe; I'll see if I can find it again.

Edit: oops, failed to notice I was replying to an old (and long) thread. I think the list I found is the one already posted above.

• Informative
Reactions: KennethS
132EE98D-FAA4-4C3A-812F-A3D65085B745.jpeg
Here’s the icon @VanillaAir_UK referenced

Reactions: Roy W.