Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hoping my MS lasts longer than my Tesla mug did

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Joao, all this is intended as a joke. "You're holding it wrong" was Apple's (initial) answer to the problems of the iPhone4, a few years ago.
I did not catch the "you are holding it wrong" joke, my bad.
But if he does as I suggested he will have such a confortable handle, made from tape, that feels like leather, that he will never have to hold the mug by the top again!

I would also suggested wraping the mug or using xPel or some other coating to make it easier to wash and you protect the paint! :)

Mug diagnostics refute 'snap off' claim
Associated Press

Telsa Motors, Inc. (TSLA) released the following statement and timeline regarding the events leading up to the Telsa mug accdient:

According to the monitoring systems we put in place, Mr. Exception's handle did not "snap off". At 06:22:22 GMT, the mug's thermistor detected boiling water, consistent with black tea, being added. At 06:22:38, the mug accelerometer detected a drop and the voice activation microphone recorded the expletive "bl**dy hell" being uttered. The health monitoring system reported a Handle Failure at 06:22:41. The mug provided an audible crash tone to alert Mr. Exception and nearby witnesses to the risk of boiling water, and as a result of our excellent warnings, no burns were reported. The evidence clearly points to an accident that is not the fault of the mug, AutoFill® or AutoDrink® (beta). As a gesture of good will, Elon Musk (@elonmusk) has offered a repair to the mug, but parts are backordered 2-3 weeks. A software update is being pushed to other mugs, which will warn other customers to keep both hands on the mug at all times while using AutoFill®.