Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hot Wheels Tesla Roadster!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2903070131_1c1bbc6ed4.jpg

2903068545_b8a66d93dc.jpg

When the Tesla people were visiting Seattle last week, the topic of the Hot Wheels Roadster came up. More colors are scheduled to be released. I don't want to get the Tesla people upset with me, so I'm going to check with them and see what they're willing to let out before I say any more than this.

Dave, please can you check if it will be released by Autoart or another in 1:18 scale?

Yeah, I want a 1:18 diecast Tesla Roadster badly, too. I asked them about that, and they've made inquiries into having them made. The companies they talked to want orders in the million unit range. Unless some diecast company decides itself to make one, it looks like it's not going to happen.

FYI, Mattel had access to Tesla's 3D CAD data of the Roadster to make their model. They may have needed to alter it for manufacturing process or other reasons, but the basis of that Hot Wheels Roadster model is real data.

You know there are lots of smaller gaming shops doing models and miniature games in very small series. I know there are quite a few both in the US and UK. You'd have to do some gluing and painting yourself, but at least you could get a nice looking model out of that? It would be very cool if they can't some of the big companies to make readymade models...

Cobos