Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hotel/Airport parking in Texas with Charging Stations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great. Why they always install these slower networked EVSEs if they don't charge is odd. Maybe they want to charge in the future.

My belief is that they put in the lowest cost one so that they can say they provide charging. No doubt the networked ones are lowest cost (especially when you consider maintenance down the road).

I just successfully used the charger at the Four Seasons Austin. It's slow (15 amps max), but worked fine over my 2 day stay.

As far as creating a spreadsheet, I usually just check recargo.com. If you know I a hotel not listed, it's easy to get it added.

Houston Four Seasons - Disappointing

After a very good experience charging at the Austin Four Seasons twice now, I expected a similar experience in Houston. No such luck. I called three times before I arrived to make sure they had charging facilities for an electric vehicle. Every time I was emphatically told yes, but no one could give any specifics. My hope was it would be a J-1772 setup like Austin's Four Seasons.

Well, they do have charging facilities for electric cars. It's a NEMA 5-15. :cursing:

Well, they do have charging facilities for electric cars. It's a NEMA 5-15. :cursing:

That's why I always tell the people, "Charging with a 120 Volt, 3-prong outlet is just a trickle charge for a Tesla, I need something with 240 Volts."

Now, if you are going to a destination resort without much driving there, a 5-15 will give you 75 miles per day, but... :frown:

The Hyatt Regency in Austin, TX at Barton Springs and Congress has 3 high power wall chargers in the parking garage. If you go in the south entrance to the parking garage then you will see them on the left before the ramp leading to the Next level. Note: none are operating at 250v 100amps. the unit nearest the entrance is 208v yiding 17 miles people hour. The other two 208v, 40amps and 25 miles per hour. The Garage costs $6 for 4 hours - more for additional hours. No overnight parking for non-guests but I never verified this.

the parking garage at the Domain shopping mall in north Austin,TX has two HPWCs and a nema 50. The parking and the HPWCS/NEMA-50 are free. It is in the 2nd level in the parking garage across the street from the ALOft Hotel. Once again, the HPWCS are de-rated and are providing 25 miles per hour (only tried one) like the NEMA-50 (confirmed 25 miles per hour).

the parking garage at the Domain shopping mall in north Austin,TX has two HPWCs and a nema 50. The parking and the HPWCS/NEMA-50 are free. It is in the 2nd level in the parking garage across the street from the ALOft Hotel. Once again, the HPWCS are de-rated and are providing 25 miles per hour (only tried one) like the NEMA-50 (confirmed 25 miles per hour).
Those are for the Tesla gallery. They're happy to let you charge there if they don't need it for a test drive event or whatever, but check in with the staff first.

Embassy Suites - Austin Town Lake

Embassy Suites - On South Congress right across a street from the above-mentioned Hyatt...
No the Embassy does not have EV charging, and they lease space in the Garage so they don't plan to.
But behind the property in One Texas Center parking garage, there are several ChargePoint units. Top floor, so still in good condition and shouldn't be ICEd.
They charge for parking during events that overflow the Long Center or the Palmer Center, but it doesn't appear they charge otherwise. I was there on a Sunday and the gates were open.
I plan to hit 'em in a couple of weeks.

The Hyatt Regency in Austin, TX at Barton Springs and Congress has 3 high power wall chargers in the parking garage. If you go in the south entrance to the parking garage then you will see them on the left before the ramp leading to the Next level. Note: none are operating at 250v 100amps. the unit nearest the entrance is 208v yiding 17 miles people hour. The other two 208v, 40amps and 25 miles per hour. The Garage costs $6 for 4 hours - more for additional hours. No overnight parking for non-guests but I never verified this.

The parking garage at the Domain shopping mall in north Austin,TX has two HPWCs and a NEMA 50. The parking and the HPWCS/NEMA-50 are free. It is in the 2nd level in the parking garage across the street from the ALOft Hotel. Once again, the HPWCS are de-rated and are providing 25 miles per hour (only tried one) like the NEMA-50 (confirmed 25 miles per hour).

There are the Tesla HPWC along the wall you mentioned and 2 ChargePoint ones up the ramp and to the right. All spots appear reserved for EV cars, but Austin hasn't passed the $250 fine ordinance yet, so there isn't a penalty yet for ICEing.

The ones in the Domain are from the Tesla Showroom and the prefer you stop by to ask (just in case).

Austin has a a few destination chargers around now...