Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hotels in Florida with Charging Stations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Larry,

The Hampton Inn, located on US 19 in Crystal River completed installation yesterday of Tesla charging stations, as part of the Destination Charging Program. The Address is 1103 N. Suncoast Blvd, and should be fully online within the next 48 hours. We've worked hard for the past year to get this installation completed, and it hopefully helps with the charging desert that is US 19 between Pinellas and Tallahassee.

Larry,

The Hampton Inn, located on US 19 in Crystal River completed installation yesterday of Tesla charging stations, as part of the Destination Charging Program. The Address is 1103 N. Suncoast Blvd, and should be fully online within the next 48 hours. We've worked hard for the past year to get this installation completed, and it hopefully helps with the charging desert that is US 19 between Pinellas and Tallahassee.
Thanks for your efforts and the information.

Please let me know when it is operational. How many HPWCs are being installed and do you know their capacity?

If you are interested in joining our Florida Tesla club, please click on the Florida Tesla Enthusiasts link in my signature.

Larry

Here is a photo, taken yesterday. We were waiting on the new GE charging station, which delayed installation for a few months.
One Tesla only; One J-1772. Two car capacity total.

Attachments

• IMG_3456.JPG
    IMG_3456.JPG
    686.6 KB · Views: 135
Here is a photo, taken yesterday. We were waiting on the new GE charging station, which delayed installation for a few months.
One Tesla only; One J-1772. Two car capacity total.
Thanks.

I'm sorry I should have been clearer. What I meant by capacity is do you happen to know if the HPWC is wired for its full capacity of 80 amps or some lesser value?

Here's a link to the map with the hotel added.

Map of Florida Hotels with Electric Charging Stations

Larry

Last edited:
It's always great to hear that some folks are responsive to the need for destination chargers. Here's a remark from a club member:

Hey Larry,

I was browsing the Tesla Members portion of the site and noticed a directory of hotels with chargers. I don't think I noticed Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove on the list but thought I should let you know there are two chargers here. They were installed after we moved in. Wouldn't you know we asked for installation for months and were put off, then it took someone from corporate who was walking through the parking garage visiting for a site inspection, saw us at our car asked where we charged. When we said the public charger at city hall he was shocked and horrified and boom the next week two chargers were installed on the hotel side and a regular 220v outlet on the resident side.

Just thought that info may be helpful.

There are actually three HPWCs at up to 40 amps and a Clipper Creek J1772 charger at the Ritz.

Tesla Find Us.

Plugshare reference: http://api.plugshare.com/view/location/73216

Larry

Last edited:
please add:
no_favorite.png

Aloft Jacksonville Tapestry Park

Ports
2 Tesla HPWC (Model S)s

Stations
Destination
Tesla HPWC (Model S)
Destination
Tesla HPWC (Model S)

Address
4812 Deer Lake Drive West, Jacksonville, FL 32246

Phone
(904) 998-4448

Description
Two Tesla High Power Wall Connectors (80A) are available for patrons. Please see the front desk.

no_favorite.png

Amelia Island Williams House Bed and Breakfast

Ports
EV Plug (J1772), Tesla HPWC (Model S)

Stations
Destination
Tesla HPWC (Model S)

Address
103 S 9th St, Fernandina Beach, Florida 32034

Phone
(904) 277-2328

Description
One Tesla High Power Wall Connector (80A) and one Clipper Creek J1772 (30A) are available for patrons. Please see the front desk.

Club Intrawest - Sandestin

PlugScore

Ports

Stations
Destination
Tesla HPWC (Model S)

Address
8626 Baytowne Marina, Miramar Beach, FL 32550

Phone
(850) 622-3400

Description
Club Intrawest is happy to offer EV charging for guests and patrons. Please see front desk.1 Tesla Connector - 80A 1 ClipperCreek J-1772 - 32A

Hilton Pensacola Beach

Ports

Stations
Destination
Tesla HPWC (Model S)

Custom Ports
40 amp. 22 mph

Address
12 Via de Luna Dr, Gulf Breeze‎ FL‎ 32561, United States

Phone
(850) 916-2999

Photos

Last edited:
please add:
no_favorite.png

Aloft Jacksonville Tapestry Park

Ports
2 Tesla HPWC (Model S)s

Stations
Destination
Tesla HPWC (Model S)
Destination
Tesla HPWC (Model S)

Address
4812 Deer Lake Drive West, Jacksonville, FL 32246

Phone
(904) 998-4448

Description
Two Tesla High Power Wall Connectors (80A) are available for patrons. Please see the front desk.

no_favorite.png

Amelia Island Williams House Bed and Breakfast

Ports

Stations
Destination
Tesla HPWC (Model S)

Address
103 S 9th St, Fernandina Beach, Florida 32034

Phone
(904) 277-2328

Description
One Tesla High Power Wall Connector (80A) and one Clipper Creek J1772 (30A) are available for patrons. Please see the front desk.

Club Intrawest - Sandestin

PlugScore

Ports

Stations
Destination
Tesla HPWC (Model S)

Address
8626 Baytowne Marina, Miramar Beach, FL 32550

Phone
(850) 622-3400

Description
Club Intrawest is happy to offer EV charging for guests and patrons. Please see front desk.1 Tesla Connector - 80A 1 ClipperCreek J-1772 - 32A

Hilton Pensacola Beach

Ports

Stations
Destination
Tesla HPWC (Model S)

Custom Ports
40 amp. 22 mph

Address
12 Via de Luna Dr, Gulf Breeze‎ FL‎ 32561, United States

Phone
(850) 916-2999

Photos
Thanks Marc,

Here's a link to the map with the hotels added.

Larry

Hampton Inn Titusville
4760 Helen Hauser Blvd
Titusville, FL 32780
TEL: +1-321-383-9191

1-HPWC up to 40 amp
1-J1772 charger 30 amp

Must be overnight guests. Charging is free.

Tesla Find Us Reference

Plugshare Reference

Larry
I happened to stay at this Hampton this past weekend - very convenient if you're visiting the Kennedy Space Center - which, BTW, has no chargers at its visitors parking area, so a nearby hotel with HPWC was essential!

I happened to stay at this Hampton this past weekend - very convenient if you're visiting the Kennedy Space Center - which, BTW, has no chargers at its visitors parking area, so a nearby hotel with HPWC was essential!
Hi,

Thanks for the information.

I'm going a little off-topic, but there now is public charging at the Kennedy Space Center.
Electric Vehicle Charging in Kennedy Space Center, FL

Here's a photo taken by one of our club members:

Kennedy Space Center chargers.jpg

I contacted the Destination Charging folks at Tesla. Apparently the Space Center folks are their own worst enemy. Before Tesla lists the location on their website and programs the location into the navigation systems of the entire Tesla fleet, they first send a survey to the host location to verify the information. If the host doesn't promptly respond, very few people will know that they have installed destination charging equipment.

By the way, if you are interested in joining our Florida tesla club, please click on the link to Florida Tesla Enthusiasts in my signature.

Larry

IMAG2210.jpg
IMAG2211.jpg
There are two Tesla chargers at the Fairfield Marriott, Key West. Charging now at 40A/29 miles/hour.

There is also a Clipper Creek Charger next to the Tesla Chargers, so there are 3 total.

The chargers are located on the wall just around the corner from the main lobby.

Note that the 4 parking spots are not designated for EV parking, so if the hotel gets crowded or full, you may want to get there early since I have seen ICE's take up the spots. The hotel also has a lot of 110V outlets in front of the rooms, and the parking spaces are in many cases 6ft away from the front door of many rooms, in case the parking spaces at the charging stations are taken and you just need 30 to 40 miles to make it to the Superchargers in Marathon, about 50 miles north.

Note that there are two Fairfield Marriott's in Key West, both on Roosevelt Blvd. The one with the Tesla chargers is at the US1 entrance when driving into Key West is known as the Keys Collection. You make a left turn at the light like you are heading to Key West Airport and then an almost immediate right.

I have not seen any chargers at the other Fairfield a couple of miles south.

The hotel is pretty nice, stay here at least once a month.

Attachments

• IMAG2211.jpg
    IMAG2211.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 69
Larry,

Another hotel for your map:

Courtyard by Marriott - Marathon
2146 Overseas Highway
Marathon, FL 33050

(305) 289-2100

They have a Schneider Electric EV Link unit with two J1772 plugs. I didn't have my Tesla. Kim insisted on taking her convertible. So I've no idea as to the amps available. The hotel was finished Feb 2016. The parking spaces were not marked EV parking only.

Thanks,

Roland

I forgot to post the exact address:

Fairfield Inn & Suites Key West - The Keys Collection
3852 N Roosevelt Blvd,
Key West, FL 33040

(305) 320-0910

I believe this Fairfield opened about a year ago. I saw it under construction for awhile before it opened.

Two Tesla HPWC
One Clipper Creek High Power Charger

Also as noted, several 110V outlets outside in front of rooms close to the parking lot if needed in a pinch.

View attachment 199307 View attachment 199309 There are two Tesla chargers at the Fairfield Marriott, Key West. Charging now at 40A/29 miles/hour.

There is also a Clipper Creek Charger next to the Tesla Chargers, so there are 3 total.

The chargers are located on the wall just around the corner from the main lobby.

Note that the 4 parking spots are not designated for EV parking, so if the hotel gets crowded or full, you may want to get there early since I have seen ICE's take up the spots. The hotel also has a lot of 110V outlets in front of the rooms, and the parking spaces are in many cases 6ft away from the front door of many rooms, in case the parking spaces at the charging stations are taken and you just need 30 to 40 miles to make it to the Superchargers in Marathon, about 50 miles north.

Note that there are two Fairfield Marriott's in Key West, both on Roosevelt Blvd. The one with the Tesla chargers is at the US1 entrance when driving into Key West is known as the Keys Collection. You make a left turn at the light like you are heading to Key West Airport and then an almost immediate right.

I have not seen any chargers at the other Fairfield a couple of miles south.

The hotel is pretty nice, stay here at least once a month.

I forgot to post the exact address:

Fairfield Inn & Suites Key West - The Keys Collection
3852 N Roosevelt Blvd,
Key West, FL 33040

(305) 320-0910

I believe this Fairfield opened about a year ago. I saw it under construction for awhile before it opened.

Two Tesla HPWC
One Clipper Creek High Power Charger

Also as noted, several 110V outlets outside in front of rooms close to the parking lot if needed in a pinch.

Thanks Reynir,

Welcome to the forums.

Fairfield Inn & Suites Key West at The Keys Collection
3852 N Roosevelt Blvd
Key West, Florida 33040

Tesla Find Us Reference

Plugshare Reference

Larry

Larry,

Another hotel for your map:

Courtyard by Marriott - Marathon
2146 Overseas Highway
Marathon, FL 33050

(305) 289-2100

They have a Schneider Electric EV Link unit with two J1772 plugs. I didn't have my Tesla. Kim insisted on taking her convertible. So I've no idea as to the amps available. The hotel was finished Feb 2016. The parking spaces were not marked EV parking only.

Thanks,

Roland
Hi Roland,

It looks like Marriott dropped the ball on advertising the existence of these chargers.

I couldn't find any online references that list these chargers. Plugshare, the DOE national website of electric chargers, the hotel's website and the corporate Marriott web page that lists all of their chargers, all fail to this this location.

Larry

For anyone planning on using the HPWC Destination Chargers at the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, as of 10/26/16 there is an AT&T truck planted right in front of both chargers. Signs posted to the chargers state they will be unavailable until January 2017. Why they could not have stationed the truck two spaces back while leaving the charging spots open for guests and restaurant patrons, I do not know. This is a complete waste of valuable charging real estate.

I would recommend calling hotel management at (813)874-1234 to express your displeasure, particularly if you were planning on staying and/or dining there in the next few months.

IMG_9625.JPG

For anyone planning on using the HPWC Destination Chargers at the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, as of 10/26/16 there is an AT&T truck planted right in front of both chargers. Signs posted to the chargers state they will be unavailable until January 2017. Why they could not have stationed the truck two spaces back while leaving the charging spots open for guests and restaurant patrons, I do not know. This is a complete waste of valuable charging real estate.

I would recommend calling hotel management at (813)874-1234 to express your displeasure, particularly if you were planning on staying and/or dining there in the next few months.

View attachment 200311

I have contacted the appropriate project manager at Tesla regarding this location.

I am informed that the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay is a Destination Charging partner with Tesla. However, they asked to be temporarily removed from the website and navigation systems for the next couple months. Apparently there is some work being done at the hotel and the HPWCs will be inaccessible until early January.

By the way, if you are interested in joining our Florida Tesla club, please click on the link to Florida Tesla Enthusiasts in my signature.

Larry

Thanks Reynir,

Welcome to the forums.

Fairfield Inn & Suites Key West at The Keys Collection
3852 N Roosevelt Blvd
Key West, Florida 33040

Tesla Find Us Reference

Plugshare Reference

Larry

Larry,

Something happened in translation with the map. The Fairfield with the chargers is at 3852 N Roosevelt Blvd, but the one on the map is at 2400 N Roosevelt Blvd, Key West, FL 33040.

There are two Fairfields in Key West, but only one so far has any chargers, and the correct one is the Key Collection on 3852 N Roosevelt Blvd.

Anyone following the map would and up at the wrong Fairfield and probably puzzled about what happened to the chargers...;)

Regards,

Reynir

Larry,

Something happened in translation with the map. The Fairfield with the chargers is at 3852 N Roosevelt Blvd, but the one on the map is at 2400 N Roosevelt Blvd, Key West, FL 33040.

There are two Fairfields in Key West, but only one so far has any chargers, and the correct one is the Key Collection on 3852 N Roosevelt Blvd.

Anyone following the map would and up at the wrong Fairfield and probably puzzled about what happened to the chargers...;)

Regards,

Reynir
Hi Reynir,

Sorry for the mixup and thanks for the correction.

I have corrected the Google map reference.

Larry