Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston electricians - A&P or Trim?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking for an electrician to install a NEMA 14-50 in my garage, and was wondering if anyone in the Houston area who has had any experience with an install from either A&P or Trim electric.

I did also call Quality, but they had a SUPER low quote of $300 to put in a NEMA! They're still in the running, but with a quote that low, I'm wondering if they're cutting any corners (improper wire, etc).

What is the typical price people have been paying to install a NEMA plug, with about a 7-8' run from the circuit breaker?

Thanks.

I used the Tesla recommended company, Chams who quoted $330 for NEMA at the breaker plus $10/ft. I got a HPWC instead.

I will second Chams electric (one of the Tesla recommended electricians). Cheikh is very professional, personable and extremely easy to work with. Highly recommended.

I was quoted $300 for my NEMA 14-50 and he even included and installed a wall bracket to hang my UMC on. He'll even pull a permit and get you setup for your inspection (extra $300). He uses appropriate 6 gauge copper wires and does a very clean install.

Thanks for the input, guys. I've gone ahead and had Chams electric do the install. $400. He said that if I decided to upgrade to the HPWC, it would be $500 for the installation.

Cheikh (the owner) did the install himself and I can honestly say it was a pleasure meeting him.

I would highly recommend Chams Electric for anyone who would like any electrical work done on their home.

Reactions: Model S M.D.
Cheikh installed a 80A HPWC for me. My breaker box is on the other side of a large house from my garage. He had to run a fat 100A cable from the breaker box to the garage. He did a great job, ran a pipe all the way with the cable inside it, painted the pipe to match the walls, had to tear through the ceiling to reach the garage as there wasn't a convenient attic access. He charged me $3000 inclusive of the Tesla HPWC ($550 + tax) and $300 city inspection. This was significantly less than others on the Tesla electrician list for Houston. He did provide me with a cheaper quote for the 40 A HPWC and an even cheaper quote for the NEMA 14-50. However, I elected to go with the 80A option because I did buy my Model X with the high amperage charging option and needed quick recharges as I drive at least a 100 miles a day and some times 300 miles a day. I have been using this for over a month and totally like the arrangement. Cheikh had to install a new breaker box as my breaker box had no open slots. He even picked up the HPWC from Tesla Service Center in North Houston at no extra charge. All he asked me to do is place the order directly with the Service Center (as Tesla rations out one HPWC per owner/car at this point). Work was completed in about 3 hrs. He bought all materials (matching paint, breaker boxes, cable, ....) himself and was inclusive of his charges. A few days later the city inspector (City of Spring Valley, TX) showed up, inspected the work, complemented on it and signed the permit).

He is very honest, straightforward, trustworthy and keeps his word. A rare breed of people whose word is their bond. You feel safe in his presence as he runs through the house doing his work. Even my elderly mom is a fan of his, because he is very respectful. I have asked him to do other electrical work in the house and he is extremely reasonable. I strongly recommend Cheikh.