Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston, Texas - Model Y Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s 2:40. You should be out of there. 😂
Lol just got home! Had a couple issues. One of the clips on the plastic cover where the frunk is came loose which they fixed. And also the picture below is what they say is “within spec”. This is the driver side. The passenger side was flushed and fit and didn’t look caved in like the driver side. But overall extremely happy with the car. One of my best purchase if not the best. Also suck that I got the pzero summer tires. Wish it was A/S
38A8CFC6-045E-4052-A4D4-FADB66ACADA8.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: ILMMYP and Jones1
Pardon mi ignorance, can you explain in layman's terms what this mod is about?
Yes. So do to a parts shortage. Tesla has stopped installing the USB C data transfer or connection. In the center console. So you have 2 USB C ports in the center console. They are only for charging. I think they stop installing the data transfer. In September last year. So you only get Data transfer ability. In the glove box. The same place your Dash cam usb drive is located. With this Mod. It has the data transfer port on it. You swop it out with Tesla’s charge only part. Then you can have data , music or whatever. From your center console and from your glove box.

Lol just got home! Had a couple issues. One of the clips on the plastic cover where the frunk is came loose which they fixed. And also the picture below is what they say is “within spec”. This is the driver side. The passenger side was flushed and fit and didn’t look caved in like the driver side. But overall extremely happy with the car. One of my best purchase if not the best. Also suck that I got the pzero summer tires. Wish it was A/S
View attachment 807177
They got me too with the Tires 😢. Also I had my glove box closing with about a 3/16 gap on the right. Another TMC poster messaged me. To tell me how to fix it. You just push up hard on it. Now it’s even.

Nice, congrats. I'm interested in knowing how much time you spend in the car today, tonight just exploring the UI. I have a feeling I'll be spending a lot of time in mine just sitting and learning, playing, cleaning, and admiring. Kind of like when I bought my very first car.
I’ve been in the Y all day. Since 10am. I’ve installed almost everything. All mats Rear PPF all mud flaps. I was going to wait. But I have so much time this weekend. So I decided to knock it out. Tonight I will play with the UI more. I’m still a little confused about some things. I still have my Rear storage or cargo cover to install and my Abstract Ocean S3XY Buttons to install. Probably do that at work. Lol
I might spend the Night in Here!!! 😂

• Funny
Reactions: DesertEagle
Initial impressions are that the USB sounds great. Even tho I’m using a very old HD Toshiba not a SSD. Compared to Bluetooth. I would say USB is better right now. But I’ve only Streamed using Bluetooth. Apple Music from my Surface Duo. And honestly. I will probably always pick a drive over Bluetooth and streaming.
Thanks for posting this. Just ordered the part.

Reactions: Jones1
Thanks for posting this. Just ordered the part.
Just remember. When you use the tool. It works great. You just have to pull it towards the front of the console. Like towards the charging pad. Don’t pull straight up. I thought that was the way. No. Pull away. I love it. My sd card plays too.

Reactions: DesertEagle
Just remember. When you use the tool. It works great. You just have to pull it towards the front of the console. Like towards the charging pad. Don’t pull straight up. I thought that was the way. No. Pull away. I love it. My sd card plays too.
Noted. I saw your instructions earlier and will definitely do that. Watched a posted video on the install and was thinking, pull towards the front. Ha. Outside the home charger I've only purchased that module and the homelink module. Plenty of time to decide on the remainder of the upgrades.

Reactions: Jones1
Noted. I saw your instructions earlier and will definitely do that. Watched a posted video on the install and was thinking, pull towards the front. Ha. Outside the home charger I've only purchased that module and the homelink module. Plenty of time to decide on the remainder of the upgrades.
I have one more. I didn’t think much about. Until I got a bottle of water out the fridge. The. Put it in the Y cup holder. I was glad I had purchased this.
DIBMS Cup Holder Insert Fit for... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0922LRQ7R?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I just installed the parcel cover. I’m going to take it for a spin to see if it sounds different in the rear of the Y. I noticed the echo’s coming from the hatch. My Wife’s Toyota sounds the same when her cargo parcel cover retracted vs it being pulled all the way out.
1653230581420.jpeg

1653230596924.jpeg

1653230620772.jpeg

Reactions: diep89