Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston, Texas - Model Y Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was a long long long Journey. It was well worth the wait. It’s Beautiful. I love it. All the gaps are great. I do notice the Glove box looks to be a little off. The right side of the glove box door hangs about 3/16 lower than the left side. I went over a lot with the SA. His name is Emanuel. He had everything set up for me. I accepted the delivery from his phone. It’s 100 miles for anything I see. He told me to just report it in the app. It took about 20 or so minutes for Auto pilot and navigation to calibrate. I have it home now. I will go through all the functions now. You can watch all the videos. Until you actually get in and are behind the wheel. It’s just not the same. The interior looks phenomenal. Oh my lord. Them White seats. Lol. I’ll probably just install a few accessories today. Floor mat’s and center consuls tray’s. Maybe the screen protector. Good luck to everyone waiting. It won’t disappoint you.
View attachment 807056
Awesome man!! Finally you got it. Hope you are super happy. I am 1 day away from a month of ownership and still love it.

I’ve been in the Y all day. Since 10am. I’ve installed almost everything. All mats Rear PPF all mud flaps. I was going to wait. But I have so much time this weekend. So I decided to knock it out. Tonight I will play with the UI more. I’m still a little confused about some things. I still have my Rear storage or cargo cover to install and my Abstract Ocean S3XY Buttons to install. Probably do that at work. Lol
I might spend the Night in Here!!! 😂
Smart move to install the mud flaps right away. I used my car for 3 weeks without them installed and it made quite a mess. Installed them and saw a big improvement. Not installed the PPF yet. Will do that soon.

Reactions: Jones1
I just installed the parcel cover. I’m going to take it for a spin to see if it sounds different in the rear of the Y. I noticed the echo’s coming from the hatch. My Wife’s Toyota sounds the same when her cargo parcel cover retracted vs it being pulled all the way out.
1653230581420.jpeg

1653230596924.jpeg

1653230620772.jpeg
Can you test out the sound system with this cover open and closed and let me know how it goes? I assume it covers those two rear speakers when you use it.

Reactions: Jones1
Can you test out the sound system with this cover open and closed and let me know how it goes? I assume it covers those two rear speakers when you use it.
The acoustics sound better with the cover pulled out vs having it retracted in. The echo of the hatch has decreased by about 25%. Not as much as I thought. I never or didn’t think about the cover helping the acoustics of the Sound system. Until I drove it around after I installed it. I played some Tupac , Erykah Badu , Anita Baker and some heavier sounding base rap. I have not played any Rock. I will be playing Red Hot Chili Peppers in the morning. I will report back.

I am a newbie in the US, been here only for 7 years and I have never sold a car privately. Now that I have a VIN I may ask Tesla to re-appraise my ride, but they were REALLY low with their evaluation last time, I have no reason to believe they would go up.
I have actually found a buyer, a guy who has done this job for Texas Direct Auto for 20+ years, I somehow have to trust that, but can anybody share some best practices for not being scammed and properly transfer a title (my car is paid in full).

I am a newbie in the US, been here only for 7 years and I have never sold a car privately. Now that I have a VIN I may ask Tesla to re-appraise my ride, but they were REALLY low with their evaluation last time, I have no reason to believe they would go up.
I have actually found a buyer, a guy who has done this job for Texas Direct Auto for 20+ years, I somehow have to trust that, but can anybody share some best practices for not being scammed and properly transfer a title (my car is paid in full).
Ive never sold a car privately. I was going to go to carmax this time to sell it. My first piece of advice is to demand a money order or wire transfer and don’t take a personal check.

If you are selling the vehicle private. To a person. Have them go to the register office with you to sign over the title to them. That is what I’ve done before. When I didn’t know the person. This was over 15 years ago. If I know them. I sign the title. Give them a signed receipt copy. Best practices is to go the the Register office.
Also remember. I believe in Texas if you trade in your vehicle. The value is subtracted from your new car price. Then you pay taxes on the balance 6.25%. May not be worth it. If Tesla is low balling you. I didn’t want the stress. So I took Tesla’s offer.

So I just applied for DCU to lock in a rate and was approved for 65 months at 3.24%. I'm assuming with a 0.25 EV discount this will be 65 months at 2.99%. They are asking for the "purchase and sales agreement". I wanted to lock in a rate prior to me getting a VIN (hopefully in the next few weeks). I know the rate is good for 45 days, but is there anything from Tesla I can provide them now?

Can I provide them the Motor vehicle order agreement that is in our Tesla account?

Any of you have Tesla Solar? Just asking
I just signed up. If you do. How do you like it?
So I just applied for DCU to lock in a rate and was approved for 65 months at 3.24%. I'm assuming with a 0.25 EV discount this will be 65 months at 2.99%. They are asking for the "purchase and sales agreement". I wanted to lock in a rate prior to me getting a VIN (hopefully in the next few weeks). I know the rate is good for 45 days, but is there anything from Tesla I can provide them now?

Can I provide them the Motor vehicle order agreement that is in our Tesla account?
There’s a couple of guy’s on this thread that have used DCU. They will probably see your post in a day or two.

Reactions: Triplem086