Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a guide on first things to take care of upon arrive? Such as tint, cquartz/opticoat, etc?
Looking forward to this car and the forum, thanks.

Congrats on the order! I recommend front XPEL coverage if you are going to be doing a lot of highway driving. I had the factory paint armor (which was only partial coverage) and immediately picked up a rock chip just above where it stopped. I also recommend one of the hydrophobic coatings. I got CQuartz at EVS (evsmotors) with Opticoat on the wheels. EVS does all three of the popular coatings (Modesta, CQuartz, Opticoat) along with tinting. The other installer that has a lot of Tesla experience is John Gray (Gulf Coast Auto Shield - Home). I don't think you could go wrong with either one.

Congrats on the order! I recommend front XPEL coverage if you are going to be doing a lot of highway driving. I had the factory paint armor (which was only partial coverage) and immediately picked up a rock chip just above where it stopped. I also recommend one of the hydrophobic coatings. I got CQuartz at EVS (evsmotors) with Opticoat on the wheels. EVS does all three of the popular coatings (Modesta, CQuartz, Opticoat) along with tinting. The other installer that has a lot of Tesla experience is John Gray (Gulf Coast Auto Shield - Home). I don't think you could go wrong with either one.
Gosh that reminds me, I need to get over to EVS to get the PhotoSync tinting done.

Hi, I am new owner, looking to take a road trip this weekend to Austin. Any tips on charging locations in Austin from members who have ventured out there? Anybody with a CHAdeMo adapter I might be able to borrow? Thanks in advance!

If you are just going to Austin from Houston, I wouldn't worry about getting a CHAdeMO adapter. Charge up at the SuperCharger at Columbus and use a destination charge at one of the hotels downtown or charge up at the Domain at the Tesla Gallery. On the way back, just SuperCharge back at Columbus (if you have the range) or San Marcos if you don't. Good luck!

For four (edit: it's now six) bucks the Hyatt by Town Lake will let you park at a HPWC. They are right by the Bat Colony Bridge.
Use one of the two 64A ones closer to the elevators, because the one closest to the entrance is only about half the speed.

Hey Houston, just wondering how much yo paid for your tesla insurance for 6 months with full coverage, deductible and insurance company? I am trying to shop for an insurance company that would offer a good quote, but I don't know the average price. Thanks.

Anyone have any thoughts or reviews regarding the two Houston area Tesla approved body shops? Katy Coach Works in Spring Branch or Collision Plus in Bellaire?

Having used Katy Coachworks myself, I would prefer Collision Plus, because John Gray, the OptiCoat Plus guy is right next door, and he had to do extensive paint correction on my P85 after Katy halogrammed the finish on my Tela repair. John then recommended that if I ever have to do any future work at a body shop to use Collision Plus...

Is anyone looking for permits for the "coming soon" Houston area supercharger? Usually Tesla hasn't labelled a pin as coming soon until a site has been picked.
Oh yeah you betcha. Also making recon runs in the general area of the map pin. Same for the "Rosenberg" spot, even though it is on the 2015 map.
There are also "agents watching Victoria."

This is sirrus bidness.

Rick

is there another Tesla store or service center being built in Houston?
i45 North @ rankin or air tex?

- - - Updated - - -

Would they put a super charger and/or service center @
14810 NORTH FWY

HOUSTON TX 77073

Plan Review Details

Harris County
10555 Northwest Freeway
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC INFRASTRUCTURE
Suite 146
Architecture and Engineering Division
Houston, TX 77092-8620
PERMIT OFFICE
(713)956-3000

Project Number:PRJ0002039300
Project Name:TESLA HOUSTON SERVICE CENTER
Consultant:ELDER-JONES
Contact Person:Sarah NielsenPhone:952.854.0821
Received On:4/24/2015 8:08:35 PMKeymap #:372C
Current Location:Returned to ClientHCFCD Notification Required?No
Approved:YesHCAD Tax Numbers:1317540010001

Earlier this year the Tesla web site had listed a North Houston service center as opening soon, but I can't find that page now. I wouldn't expect a supercharger unless there is one just for the service center use, as it's not on the map of the 10 superchargers planned for Texas this year (not that we've seen any of them yet).

If you look at the Tesla Careers webpage it lists 3 locations in Houston - Galleria, Westchase & North Houston.

Screenshot 2015-06-22 12.36.00.png

Based on the advertised jobs it certainly looks like they intend to open a Service Center in North Houston at some point.

Mike