Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello fellow Tesla owner in Houston!
I should be taking delivery of my MS 70 in second week of september...super excited!
Since I am new to this forum, is there a time or place where members get together. I would appreciate any information.
Look forward to getting to know you guys.
Tg

Welcome! We have a Facebook group which is where most post: https://www.facebook.com/groups/HoustonTeslaClub/ . Periodically we get together for dinner and/or a drive somewhere, but it has been a while. A few of us also do Coffee and Cars and SuperCar Saturday. A lot of us travel so getting a date down has been difficult, but we hope to do something in September (TBD).

Perhaps National Drive Electric Week Houston?

Saturday, September 19, 2015
Time:9am - 12pm
7810 Katy Frwy
Houston, TX 77024-2006

National Drive Electric Week Event - Houston

Or road trip to North Texas and help us set an EV record!

National Drive Electric Week North Texas SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 19, 2015

Lots of events that day for sure. I'd like to do the Ikea event, but I already committed to a charity one (Touch-a-Truck) from 10am - 2pm the same day. There is also a morning event:

https://www.facebook.com/houstonridenshine

Maybe we try for dinner that same day for the folks that couldn't spend the time at the morning events? Or do we try to push it a week since the morning stuff might already a much time as people are willing to spend in a given day?

Stopped by at the Gallery to charge on my way from Sarasota to Dallas. Fantastic facility! A very relaxing stop while I charged. A Tesla person mentioned they will eventually have a keypad installed to access the lounge after hours.

Mine is the fifth Tesla, with 8 LEAFs registered. It would be great to outnumber the LEAFs.:)
Only one more to go! 6 Model S and 1 Roadster vs. 8 LEAFs.

- - - Updated - - -

Stopped by at the Gallery to charge on my way from Sarasota to Dallas. Fantastic facility! A very relaxing stop while I charged. A Tesla person mentioned they will eventually have a keypad installed to access the lounge after hours.
Wondering if anyone had pictures from this new facility??

Wondering if anyone had pictures from this new facility??

I assume you are talking about the new Houston service center / supercharger. I attended the owners event. Here are some pics.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 211
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 203
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 207
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 206
Thanks!

Welcome! We have a Facebook group which is where most post: https://www.facebook.com/groups/HoustonTeslaClub/ . Periodically we get together for dinner and/or a drive somewhere, but it has been a while. A few of us also do Coffee and Cars and SuperCar Saturday. A lot of us travel so getting a date down has been difficult, but we hope to do something in September (TBD).

Thanks Stephen!
I have sent a request to join the group and look forward to knowing fellow Tesla owners in-town. My MS70 is "in production" - I hope it arrive by sept 19th.

Tg

This Saturday 9/5 is Supercar Houston:

https://www.facebook.com/houstonsupercars?fref=ts

After that, we have National Drive Electric Week. In addition to the IKEA event on 9/19, on 9/12 there will be an electric car rally from Katy Mills Mall to the HEB in Montrose with a couple of stops in between. If you are interested in attending with your Tesla, more detail and a registration link can be found here:

National Drive Electric Week Event - Houston Rally

Note: No time has been set yet, but it will be soon (expect the morning). Once Kevin Douglass sets the time, he'll add it to the event link and I'll post it here.

I mentioned the September 12 poker run to my kid and she said, "We must do that!" So, I guess we're doing it. :)

Oh, by the way, "Hi!" I'm one of Houston's newest Tesla Model S owners. It's an 85D, grey, with every option but the kid seats, winter package, and leather seats. I love the car. Love it, love it, love it!

Edit: Oops! I accidentally signed up for the September 19th event! Looks like I'm doing both now. :)

Last edited:
Details are out for the National Drive Electric Week event this Saturday (9/12):

National Drive Electric Week Event - Houston Rally

Hello to all interested in attending this EVent, this EVent is a plug-in vehicle rally we call a "Poker Run". It consists of all plug-in vehicles driving a course of 5 stops. At each stop each vehicle will get a Poker card. At the end of the"Run" the vehicle with the best Poker hand WINS! The Run will go from 2:00 pm until 5:00 pm.

After the run join us for the after Run party. The party will go from 5:00 pm until 7:00 pm. All plug-in vehicles are invited.

Please sign up to attend on this website driveelectricweek.org

Start 2:00 pm

NRG EVgo Freedom Station
Katy Mills Mall
5000 Katy Mills Cir.
Katy, TX 77494

End 5:00 pm

NRG EVgo Freedom Station
HEB Montrose
1701 West Alabama St.

Please check out the course in the picture below.
VgxB45a.jpg