Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Toll Tags

Placing the EZ toll tag license plate bar (black) behind the nose cone on the metal bumper just below the upper ridge on the bumper works like a champ. Gates jump open early. Works better than the window toll tag did on my old BMW Icer - feels like a new pair of Keds

Toll Tag

Here you go - although you can't see it there is velcro tape on the back of the toll tag and on the bumper as the primary means to hold the tag in place and then the wire wrap is used as a "safety wire" in case the velcro wears out or comes loose over time, although I think the nose cone would hold the toll tag in place.

IMG_0237.jpg
IMG_0235.jpg

Absolutely you get to pay again!! - It took about 2 weeks to get the license plate tag in the mail. You have to order the tag from the main EZ Tag office. The EZ Tag stores do not stock them. You have to explain the windshield coating issue to them as the Tesla isn't on their list of cars that need the license plate tags. Can all be done by e-mail.

Bob

Houston Owners:

Air Alliance Houston has asked if three owners would like to show their cars at an Earth Day event on April 25th (6pm - 8:30pm) near Washington Ave / Memorial Park. If you have availability and would like to participate, please PM or email me (stephen_pace at hotmail.com) and I will send you the details. Thanks!

---------------------------

We had the Earth Day event last night. Venue was on the commercial side, but they had good turnout and there was quite a bit of interest in the cars both from the kids and their parents. And potentially two future orders. :)

IMG_2930.JPG

Thanks to Edward, Pat, and Collin for bringing out your awesome machines!

Last edited:
Wow - Things have been awfully quiet for more than a week. @ Stephen - how did your toll tag renovation go? Had a friend whose purse was snatched from her care at a local gas station - suggested a Tesla for her - "Never having to stop for gas again - priceless"

b

Bob,

I haven't gotten around to it yet. I did get my parcel shelf in the mail, though! As for the quiet, Rakesh, Bill and I attended a small event at The Post Oak School yesterday to show the kids what electric cars can be. I also did a test drive for a couple that missed the Houston test drive event. Coffee and Cars is also coming up again this weekend:

Houston Coffee And Cars
https://www.facebook.com/coffeeandcars

NEXT GATHERING: MAY 4, 2013 Join us the first Saturday morning of May for our next gathering. From 8:00AM until 10:00AM at Vintage Park.

All are welcome to come by and attend. If you are bringing a Tesla, please try to arrive by 6:30am (!) so you can get a space and we can park together. We are now parking next to:

We Got Your Back Chiropractic - http://wegotyourbackchiropractic.com
110 Vintage Park Blvd. Suite D Building J
Houston, Texas 77070

If you PM me, I will send you my mobile number (in case you can't find us) and I can try to save you a space if you think you will be a little late. We will likely do the driveout at 9:30am so remember to set your active air suspension to LOW for that. :)

We hope to see you there! Especially if you have taken delivery of the new RED or have had some tinting or other customization you would like to show us--I know many are considering tint as the hot Houston summer approaches.

I will be there at 6:15 am and try to reserve some spots. However, if you know you will be coming, can you drop me a line and let me know? That way I will know how many spots to reserve. Thanks!

Just back from Houston Coffee and Cars. While we didn't break a record for number of cars (5), I don't recall another time we were so swamped with interest. I probably talked non-stop from 7am until 10am when we left. Also, Lynn had the first Custom CCI that I have seen and the quality seemed very high. To show you an example of the interest in the cars, one of the photos below shows Ronnie holding court with people two deep around him in a half circle. We probably gave out two stacks of brochures, and fun was had.

DSC07761.JPG

DSC07770s.jpg

Thanks to Lynn, Susan, Ronnie, and Edward for bringing out your vehicles! On a logistical note, it is looking like I won't be able to make the next one, so if someone else wants to step up and get there early to mark off spaces at our normal spot, that would be helpful. I got there just before 6am this morning and we didn't get the end spots--two trucks were already parked there!

Last edited:
Took Sparky to the Houston Service Center for the first time this weekend for some tweaks:

1. Creaking Pano
2. Chrome plate on the UMC (due bill item but got a new one instead)
3. Add P85 badge
4. Chrome Tesla surround to rear license plate.

In addition they did the following
5. Add the carbon fibre spoiler (this was not on my original due bill, but I changed my mind)
6. New mats front and back
7. Painted over some wheel rash.
8. Touched up a small stone chip
9. Washed and detailed inside and out.

All this and I got a loaner (it was an ICE from Enterprise)

My car looks, feels and sounds (no pano creak) like a brand new car again. Thanks and kudos to the excellent team of Wes and Sunny who worked long hours on Friday and Saturday to make all this happen.

I have to second Cyberwelly's post. My car has been to the service center several times and just had some final fixes done last week. Ranger picked up car, I walked (1/2 mile max) to local Enterprise branch to get rental car. Work done by next day and ranger brought car back to me at my office and I dropped off rental back at Enterprise.

The work done fixed some issues that occurred when I had my car dropped off. Paint armor peeling on hood (fixed), scratched side mirror because it did not have paint armor applied, some sound issues with A/C and a faulty air vent. In addition, they corrected tire pressure, replaced door mats front and rear seats. They did not know about possible headlight issue or check the alignment to the best of my understanding, though.

Overall they did great and I was thoroughly impressed they had things running so smoothly now (especially compared to my first experiences with the service centers). Side mirrors paint armor needs to be re-done but overall kudos to Richard and his team!

Once they fix paint armor issue, I hope not to have my car back there until its routine service.

@LiteWait
The rear floor mat is a custom fitted single piece that is much better than the ones I had in there before.

The front ones are a little thicker mat. ALso, my original mat on the passenger side would roll up (the top flops down). These do not.

MUCH better to the point that I will cancel my pre-order with Weather Tech.

I guess the real question is, are the mats you buy on the Tesla site (logoed front mats, rear, hatch, and hatch hold) still better than the ones they are providing free at the service center? No that big of a deal, but if they are the same mats, then I feel like I wasted some money ordering online.

Last edited: