Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How are you keeping your MX Exterior clean this winter(car wash?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I take mine through a regular car wash, not touchless, almost daily since I have a "fast pass" that allows unlimited washes. I've been doing this since I got my X but I have a full wrap so I'm not worried about paint damage.
What about rear spoiler in a regular car wash? Doesn’t it get tangled with those brushes and cloths in an automated car wash?

What about rear spoiler in a regular car wash? Doesn’t it get tangled with those brushes and cloths in an automated car wash?

That was my biggest concern the first time I took it through but I've been through it around 150 times now and no damage to the spoiler yet. Just don't forget to fold those mirrors in! :D

I wish there was an easy way to make the spoiler stay down, I would definitely do that if I could..

Today was a special day in the mid Atlantic. The 700,000,000 tons of salt they put down for the half inch of snow worked. It was a salt bath beyond comprehension to our friends out west. I wish I had a pic of my 3 week old MX after a 2 hour drive on the wet roadways. Caked in salt. I actually had to go home early and rince her down with cold water. Not a wash mind you. A desalinization just to see the paint again.

Today was a special day in the mid Atlantic. The 700,000,000 tons of salt they put down for the half inch of snow worked. It was a salt bath beyond comprehension to our friends out west. I wish I had a pic of my 3 week old MX after a 2 hour drive on the wet roadways. Caked in salt. I actually had to go home early and rince her down with cold water. Not a wash mind you. A desalinization just to see the paint again.

You would think there was an oversupply of salt somewhere. I'm pretty sure we got more total inches of salt dumped on the roads than actual snow. It took nearly the entire washer fluid bottle just to get my windshield clear.

Reactions: AdamHLG