Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How common is the Model X by you?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Northern Ontario, Canada. City of 150,000 people. We will be the 3rd Model X in town (although I have only ever seen 1 other), but I know there is a red one I haven't seen). The first 100D I believe. There are about 6-8 Model S, and now we have quite a few Model 3s arriving. i saw my first Model X "in the wild" earlier this week.

Different world in CA. My Model S is still uncommon enough where I live that I can take it to car shows. Model X's are unicorns. I see one at the superchargers every once and a long while, but rarely at all elsewhere. Model 3's still extremely rare as well; haven't even made it to the showroom floor yet.

I will note though, Kansas City had a pretty long line for Model 3 reservations, so I expect once production ramps up, those will become more common around here. I think the interest is there, just not many willing to pay for the higher priced S's and X's.

I see one, a blue one, on a semi-regular basis in south Manchester, UK.

My SO tested a Model X last weekend. She considers my Model S too low for her day to day use and prefers to sit higher up.

Tesla South Manchester were very helpful and accommodated a 24-hour loan of a very flash Obsidian black, 22" wheel, 6-seater P100D. We mostly used it in 75D mode which was more than good enough. Great folks, very good support in orientation and organisation.

I was impressed. I felt it was huge to begin with but quickly got used to the HUGE panoramic windscreen and the self-opening and closing doors.

Though the FWDs were a little ostentatious, they are really practical and the opening and closing is so elegant. I loved them.

The boot/trunk is still pretty practical with the third row seats up as it is so deep when you pull the cover up. And of course there's still the frunk.

Incredible vehicle. Eager to get one and say goodbye to ICEs forever.

P100D - OK, one of my teen children asked that we try out Ludicrous and Ludicrous+ at the tail end of our day.
Just. Too. Fast.
Really cool having your own Rita - Queen of Speed. But with such great power comes great responsibility and it is so easy to forget that while you can, you shouldn't most of the time.

Almost none in these parts of the country:

Clipboard01.jpg

I just did a 5,700 mile / 40 supercharger road trip around central united states and we saw ONLY one X on the road and two at chargers. Two tractor trailers full of 3s and two 3s at chargers. I lost count of S's, but not more than a dozen total.

We got LOTS of strange looks and finger pointing from ICE drivers. Most common question is how do we pay for charging when there is no credit card reader on the super chargers. More than a few people also thought Teslas are hybrids. Several times I didnt both tell people about autopilot because Im pretty sure they wouldnt have believed me.

We got LOTS of strange looks and finger pointing from ICE drivers. Most common question is how do we pay for charging when there is no credit card reader on the super chargers. More than a few people also thought Teslas are hybrids. Several times I didnt both tell people about autopilot because Im pretty sure they wouldnt have believed me.

I've had a handful of folks agog at the idea that Teslas are not hybrids. Interesting that in this age of cellphone dependence folks are still thinking 'pay at the point of service'. And unaware that for most Model S and Model X owners Supercharging is FREE :D

Saw one in the wild for the first time today actually. P90D White. Left a card on the windshield asking the owner to email me and he did within an hour. Had a great chat and if we end up pulling the trigger we'll use his referral link. Doesn't actually live in town, but a couple hours away so we're going to try and get out there soon to go for a spin.

Reactions: P85_DA
Here in Burbank/Pasadena/Glendale area, etc,etc MX's are all over the place and are more common then S's now.

As a matter of fact, at the Burbank mall charging station (a holding area for the SC) there's TONS of dirty MS P90/P100Ds just sitting around their staging and only a few X's (which are clean!). And X100d's all over the place!

Seems like that loophole is kicking into full gear! :eek:

Reactions: P85_DA
Model Ss are like weeds in the Beach Cities (SoCal). Weeds, I say. Not weed. Give it a year, though. *wry grin*

Already seeing numerous non-garaged S, X & 3s at night (residential neighborhoods) that surely weren’t in those areas before.

I seem to see more Model Xs in the OC (one time all the stalls but mine at the Clemente SC were filled with Xs. There are 21 stalls there.

Then during any out of state road trips, I can still go 1000 miles and see 0-2 Teslae.

We’re all ambassadors, spreading the word one random encounter (and/or request for pictures with the car) at a time.

Addendum: Saw a Tesloop X again recently. Driver said they’re up to... 12 cars now I think he said? I’ll give them this - the cost was a lot less than I thought it would be for an LA-area to Vegas run for 2 people.

Reactions: jboy210
I drive from one side of Houston, TX to the other (and back) four times a week, using major freeways. I see an X once every few weeks. The exception was the one day when I saw 3 MX on one commute home (not including my own). It was a magical day!

I do see a few Model S's every day.