Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How did you buy your Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I couldn't resist. I, too have done fantastically with Tesla. I used to joke that I bought the stock so that I could buy the damn car. And...then I did!!! 1100% gain. Yahoo! Still have lots and plan on it being my retirement. They just need to split the hell out of it, like Microsoft, back in the day. Though it is a different world today than in the 70's-80's.

Got lucky! I spent ten months trading TSLA and made enough to buy my P85 for cash.

May i ask how much did you start with?

- - - Updated - - -

I couldn't resist. I, too have done fantastically with Tesla. I used to joke that I bought the stock so that I could buy the damn car. And...then I did!!! 1100% gain. Yahoo! Still have lots and plan on it being my retirement. They just need to split the hell out of it, like Microsoft, back in the day. Though it is a different world today than in the 70's-80's.

Same?

i worked my ass off for a year and went on the chicken and rice diet along with not going out or really having any kind of fun, plus the wife gave me an interest free loan for half the price of a 85d.
This is the closest to my situation...
I'm pretty thrifty generally, and although I don't earn much by the standards of this forum, I also don't spend much (I calculated last year that with the money I spent throughout the entire year I could have lived debt free making minimum wage ($10.45 CAD/hr ($7.52 USD/hr)) I invested any extra money, a portion of it in TSLA, and then when I found an inventory car with a large discount I had already saved up over 90% of the money I needed, my wife gave me an interest free loan for the rest which is scheduled to be repaid with the sale of my previous vehicle in the next few days.

My food costs per year are around 3700 euros. I don't think i could save much more here. My theory is always the same: get more money, cutting as little in the costs as possible. Right now i'm saving around 2k per month, still a long way for 120k (3 years at least) :(

My tesla stock is also growing but not enough to give me loads of cache :p
My next plan is maybe to create a company and sell it or make some profit out of it, im a developer. I tried some companies but all failed :)