Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I adjust battery charging from 80% to 90%?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I recently purchased a model "Y" that was set for charging at 80%. I would like to change it to 90% and reading and looking at YouTube videos, the best that I can tell is to open the yellow clock icon on the upper left side of the display. I don't see a yellow icon and would appreciate any help that you can offer.
Thank you
Bob

Thank you for your help Tstolze.
As I mentioned, I just have had the car car for a few weeks and am still familiarizing myself with some of the functions.
I don't know if I have the right app on my phone, tesla.com/teslaaccount?
It shows my "Y", I click Manage but don't see any "useful" options mostly sales stuff.
And I don't see Battery as an option on the "Ys" touch screen.
Further help would be greatly appreciated
Thank you Tstolze
Bob

Thank you for your help Tstolze.
As I mentioned, I just have had the car car for a few weeks and am still familiarizing myself with some of the functions.
I don't know if I have the right app on my phone, tesla.com/teslaaccount?
It shows my "Y", I click Manage but don't see any "useful" options mostly sales stuff.
And I don't see Battery as an option on the "Ys" touch screen.
Further help would be greatly appreciated
Thank you Tstolze
Bob
It looks like you may be using the Tesla website on your phone instead of the Tesla app.

If you haven’t already done so, go to your smartphone’s App Store and install the Tesla app.

Reactions: X-pilot
It looks like you may be using the Tesla website on your phone instead of the Tesla app.

If you haven’t already done so, go to your smartphone’s App Store and install the Tesla app.
I have a Google Pixel phone and DID install the Tesla Web app (that I also have installed on my computer).
Is the app that I need to install, "Dashboard for Tesla"?
Thank you Carlos
Bob

I have a Google Pixel phone and DID install the Tesla Web app (that I also have installed on my computer).
Is the app that I need to install, "Dashboard for Tesla"?
Thank you Carlos
Bob
it isn't a web app
Look for an app made by Tesla. The current version is 4.3.0
If you don't have the Tesla app installed on your phone how are you getting into the car? Are you using the keycard?
Also did you run through the videos on the Tesla site?
This is the link to the one explaining the phone key

• Informative
Reactions: X-pilot
Is this the app?
If not please provide the full name for me to search on at the Google store because I do NOT see ant "Tesla app"
Assuming that I have the right app, under controls I see an overhead view of the car with a lighting bolt on the back left of the vehicle which is the charger.
If I click on the lighting bolt, it opens the charger port but it doesn't provide me an option to change the maximum charging 90%.
Please advise accordingly
Thank you
Bob

Attachments

• Tesla app.jpg
    Tesla app.jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 452
Is this the app?
If not please provide the full name for me to search on at the Google store because I do NOT see ant "Tesla app"
Assuming that I have the right app, under controls I see an overhead view of the car with a lighting bolt on the back left of the vehicle which is the charger.
If I click on the lighting bolt, it opens the charger port but it doesn't provide me an option to change the maximum charging 90%.
Please advise accordingly
Thank you
Bob

Thats the correct app. It looks like you have not setup the app as a key to your car according to that screenshot, as well.

I googled "Tesla app 4.0" and here is a youtube that says it has a walkthrough. Note that I have not watched it, but any walkthrough should include the same information.

NOTE: I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY (highly) sugges you NOT use ANY other application than the regular TESLA app until you familiarize yourself with the official tesla app. Do NOT use anything on your computer (because the official tesla app does not have a computer version).

You can not control the car itself from the tesla website. Other websites may interact with your car, but it would not be a good idea to go logging into stuff that you dont know who controls it. Once you are familiar with the actual tesla application on your pixel phone, if you then desire to branch out to other apps or websites, feel free.

The reason for the strong suggestion is, the fact that you are having difficulty finding the official tesla app, confusing websites for the app, etc, seems to indicate that you may not be super savvy when it comes to this stuff. Thats FINE! I am not trying to shame or otherwise make fun of that at all. I just am making a recommendation to "start from the beginning" and that would be the official tesla app itself, and not anything else that is a third party connection that controls the car.

("Dashboard for tesla" is not the official tesla app, for example, and says so in its description. "The premier ALTERNATIVE COMPANION app..."

Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 9.15.21 AM.png

Reactions: voxel and AlexHung
Hello again, I think that I found the app on my computer and sent it to myself as an email so that I can open it and install it on my phone
Tesla - Apps on Google Play
the question that I still have is where do I find the charging option that will enable me to increase the battery percent to 90%?
Skipping the app issues for a moment, you can change the charge limit from the car touch screen. Look for the small box icon on the screen at the bottom with an arrow pointing up. It’s next to the wiper button. Tap it and choose the Charging icon (the lightning bolt). This will show the charging screen. Tap the Set Limit button then slide the white arrow left/right to move the charge limit, then tap Done.

Reactions: voxel