Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I disable the noisemaker in my Tesla Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please just give us some cool tones and let us choose or upload our own so this can become cool and backfire on the ICE lobby. I am requesting “KITT scanner”, “Kickstart my heart”, “Falcon Heavy, both”, “HD V twin”, “AC/DC Hell’s Bells”, “Shake Weight”, “a rooster”, “a big dog”, “a small dog”, “Flash Gordon theme” (my car’s name is FLASHHH) & “chirpy birds” like on the car wow channel.

Dose anyone have information on how to disable the forward moving noise maker? The reverse noise maker is fine because it's only used for short times while in reverse. Thank you.
TOOL-PL410_1024x1024.jpg

It would be best to unplug the speaker and substitute a resistor. It's value likely needs to be 4-8 ohms so that the car thinks it's still there and doesn't report a fault to Tesla who someday might be required to repair it. Somebody needs to find the impedance of the speaker. It's not as simple as checking with an ohm meter. It might be marked on it. Ostensibly it was required for blind pedestrians but it probably was also pushed by the legacy auto makers.

Ostensibly it was required for blind pedestrians but it probably was also pushed by the legacy auto makers.

The same blind pedestrians that have more acute hearing than sighted people? The industry is trying to convince the masses that EV's are completely silent, which isn't true. You can still hear tire noise. But many modern ICE vehicles are just as quiet idling or driving below 19mph. Maybe they should have noise makers too. How about bicyclist as well?

I haven't seen what studies legislators are relying on to justify EV pedestrian noise makers. Seems like it's just another thing to raise the price of EV's, which in turn increases the taxes on them. But I'd bet far less blind pedestrians are involved in EV related accidents, than pedestrians playing with their phones.