Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I get the latest .46 update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Park outside your nearest service center for 20 minutes. You don't even need to let the car auto-join its wifi, just being kind of near a service center tells the car to pull down the latest update. I assume it's some sort of troubleshooting first step; if you're bringing a car in for service, it shouls get the latest software and it might as well do that part automatically as fast as it can.

Park outside your nearest service center for 20 minutes. You don't even need to let the car auto-join its wifi, just being kind of near a service center tells the car to pull down the latest update. I assume it's some sort of troubleshooting first step; if you're bringing a car in for service, it shouls get the latest software and it might as well do that part automatically as fast as it can.

If my local service center is to be believed (and I think they are), that won't work anymore. I guess too many people were trying that. Now the only way to get an update at the service center is if they are doing some other work on the car. Darn. :)

Thanks

This does not work any longer. It used to work in firmware 7.1 but they turned this off at the same time as 8.0. Your car still sends a geofence event to the mothership but the mothership never responds with a new firmware. It requires having a service ticket open then closed.

FWIW I received .42 and a few weeks later .two versions of .46 about a week apart. Release notes were the same.

Just did a search on these forums for the latest, 2017.48 a774ed8, and apparently the release notes are unchanged for that version too.

So maybe the next update will have something significant.

• Informative
Reactions: MelaniainLA
I’m on .42 and although I’ve received the .48 download twice, I’ve have had 2 failures installing it. I saw someone on .42 had the same issue. It’s the first version with which I’ve had an installation failure. Tesla is looking in to it.

Am on .42 myself. Picked up X75D in Mid-October (inventory car ~VIN 53,000). Started with .21 and had that for 2 weeks until receiving .42 update. Keep car in a parking garage in NYC with not very good cell service (obviously no wifi). Have had car for ~2 months now, 1 software update. Not that I'm complaining, I freaking love the car. Just not very good at getting latest and greatest software.