Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you access dash cam viewer?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I updated my software, the release notes mention dash cam viewer and say to click the icon in the tool bar and then launch viewer. Well the only icon I have is the very top right corner of the screen. It’s the new icon for Sentry and if I click it while in park it cycles it on or off, if I hold it nothing happens. I’ve done a reset of the screen (good both wheel buttons till it resets) and no change. I removed my usb and inserted it again. No change.

Do I have to format the drive differently?

dashcamSm.jpg

If you do not have the camera icon visible then I suspect your USB is not correctly formatted. You need to format it to Fat32 and create a folder on the drive called TeslaCam.

There's a bug in 12.5 that sometimes disables USB ports. Test yours. It sounds like its happened to yours. Try two things.
1. Try playing a mp3 file on a USB drive. Probably won't see the flash drive. 2. Try charging your cell phone first in one, then the other USB port. Won't charge. You have the problem.

If you have the problem where 12.5 has disabled your USB ports, you need to do the same thing I did. Submit a work request to your SC asking them to reinstall 12.5 on your car. You can't force a re-install, only they can. You will need to explain why, or they might not understand.

The problem surfaced on my car and I found it the day I picked it up after MCU2 upgrade with 12.5

There's a bug in 12.5 that sometimes disables USB ports. Test yours. It sounds like its happened to yours. Try two things.
1. Try playing a mp3 file on a USB drive. Probably won't see the flash drive. 2. Try charging your cell phone first in one, then the other USB port. Won't charge. You have the problem.

If you have the problem where 12.5 has disabled your USB ports, you need to do the same thing I did. Submit a work request to your SC asking them to reinstall 12.5 on your car. You can't force a re-install, only they can. You will need to explain why, or they might not understand.

The problem surfaced on my car and I found it the day I picked it up after MCU2 upgrade with 12.5

Interesting. I think I had it formatted correctly before because I think I remember tapping the icon before and recording a segment while driving...

I wonder if it is a USB problem. I have the Tesla wireless adapter and that was working correctly to charge my phone... could it just be one USB port that isn’t working?

• Helpful
Reactions: lUtriaNt