Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you get rid of the cartoon depiction on the left?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On my tesla, on the left hand side, there is a cartoon depiction of what is going on on the road.

Is there a way to get rid of that?

I've driven about 15,000 miles on my model y, and I don't see what the point of the cartoon depiction is.

I've never used it for anything, is it supposed to do something?

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
That visualization has at least one use that you can benefit from: it will show a car in red when you try to change lanes and that car is in your blind spot.

In general, this helps you understand why Autopilot and FSD take their decisions. It's not essential, it's a feedback tool for the human. For example, you can see the car has indeed recognized a speed limit sign, and I see the displayed limit change as the sign goes by.

Reactions: ThisIsTrue
It helps when parking or backing up. Bars, that change color, display on the front and sides of the car. There are measurement indicators too to tell.you how close you are to an object. The measurement seemed to display when you are within so many inches.

Reactions: Obiwanjr
That visualization has at least one use that you can benefit from: it will show a car in red when you try to change lanes and that car is in your blind spot.

In general, this helps you understand why Autopilot and FSD take their decisions. It's not essential, it's a feedback tool for the human. For example, you can see the car has indeed recognized a speed limit sign, and I see the displayed limit change as the sign goes by.

But the strange thing is, that same car, in the same spot, doesn't show up at all on the screen UNLESS you're changing lanes into it.
So, as a "visualization", it's practically useless.