Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you guys feel on the Model 3 being really popular

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EVs might barely make a dent in the overall CO2 scheme, but widespread adoption would make a giant difference in life quality in any bigger city.
Can you imagine a city like LA or New York without the constant roaring of hundreds of thousands engines?

LA Smog: the battle against air pollution

It's not easy, but LA did fight that fight decades ago. Having grown up there, I did see the air get cleaner and cleaner with the passing decades.

It's not all the combustion engine's fault, but replacing all the ICE with EVs would make a drastic difference. I'm still a registered Republican and far from a tree hugger, but in terms of climate and the environment, it's gone way past willful ignorance and unfortunately, I can only see the current administration and many of my fellow Republicans as actually evil.

When I picked up my 3 from the Wexford service center on May 8, their sales people told me they had delivered about 50 3's, total.

I was up there again last Thursday to get my headlight LED fixed, and the parking lot was full of 3's, at least 30 of them! Most had VINs in the 86000's and 88000's, although I did see a 100400-something VIN also. While I was there a car carrier brought in a load of 9 3's, and an hour or so later, I saw another car carrier full of 3's getting off the PA Turnpike in Cranberry Township, a couple miles away.

When I was there on Thursday, a couple sales people said they are now delivering 50-80 each week these days.

I had the only 3 in my area for a couple months, and only saw a couple other S and X cars now and then. Now I am seeing other Teslas more often, mostly 3's, but it is not an every day thing yet.

We shouldn't look at it as having the only Tesla around, but rather that we have the superior vehicle, a Tesla, wherever we may be.

See this photo, what a beautiful sight. I should've gotten a photo of the carrier before they started unloading it. Seeing the carrier full of 3's makes me think of the beginning of Rain Man.

Attachments

• 20181004_102329.jpg
    20181004_102329.jpg
    375.3 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
I currently see at least a couple of 3's a day in the Eureka (norcal..but more like Oregon than CA) area.... so many more than 1 month ago it is nuts! Seeming very popular.
Attention, lol, most people still don't know the difference between any Tesla or anything about them (gas?huh)...I did say I am in Cali?
All my eggs are in the basket! maybe they will hatch someday o_O

I see a lot come and go from our local service center but not many in the wild. I still see the model S and X more than the 3 in my area. I am excited to see how common they become. Cost of living is low in my area, so the current price tag scares people a bit. Once they release the standard range AWD it will be everywhere. We have short commutes and lots of snow out here.

I'd love to get some use of them being so popular.

Like maybe have V2V communication so when I need to make a lane change in massive traffic it communicates to the AP of another Tesla to make room.

Or maybe if I'm behind a Tesla then AP uses V2V communication to draft behind that Tesla.

Sadly Tesla doesn't have V2V technology on the car so neither of those are possible.

So all I really get is clean air.

Okay, so that aint bad.