Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How Do You Remove the A-Pillar Trim?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PedanticOne

MyTesla Refresh Champion
Supporting Member
Nov 13, 2016
Bay Area, CA
Trying to figure out how the A-pillar trim comes off. The top part that runs above the door seems to be what you'd want to pop off first, but the part towards the B-pillar seems to not want to be removed. So I'm perplexed. Anyone know?

Speaking of the B-pillar, anyone know how to remove that piece of trim, too?

Usually there is a screw under the SRS plastic cover on most cars A-pillar that comes out first. I forget what it looks like on the Tesla.

Unfortunately, there is no such cover. There are two speaker grilles, but as I mentioned, there are two pieces of trim, the one that runs down the a-pillar itself, and another that overlaps it that runs along the top of the door. It's the part in the back near the magnet for the sun visor that I can't seem to get loose.

I got it off. Just needed to use a stronger one of my trim tools. And there's a clip way back that's a bit of a pain, but ... success! The rest of the a-pillar trim is affixed with three bolts above the door and then clips down below. Just undo those, pop it out, unclip the speakers and done.

Hmm, why did you go through the trouble of removing the trim? You can just tuck the cables in there without actually removing the trim.

To be 100% sure I wasn't going to interfere with the airbag. I taped them up and out of the way to be doubly sure. Plus, why not learn?

The only place I tucked the wire in was along the FWD.

• Informative
Reactions: Nerdy_Engineer