Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long did it take from ordering to actually having a delivery date?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@JRMW Xcel is very slow. Are you ordering the EV meter for 0.033/kwh? I'm not as of yet. I have a detached garage, and they will only put the meter on the house. That means they would wire 100 feet to the house, and I would have to wire 80 feet back to the garage. I calculated that the difference would only be $250 vs $450 for electricity, and the second meter (third meter in my case) would be an extra $60. So $310 vs $450 per year. Maybe next year.

I just finished wiring up my garage and put in 2 Nema 14-50 outlets, one for the Model S, and one for the Model 3.

Unfortunately my DS hasn't answered my last email after almost a week so I don't expect they will respond to this either. Also they already told me my car is on track to be here mid to late December and that's all they will say until it completes production.

Mine has been less than sterling, too. At this price point, a company needs to offer more than just a great product; the complete experience needs to be on point, as well.

Yes, doing the 3.3 cents/kWh plan.

My entire house is only 100 amp service.
We have Model S ordered and Model 3 reservation.

Thus electrician putting in 100 amp service to garage, and xcel (hopefully) will get out there and hook it up to the pole (which is about 15 feet from my garage)

If this happens after I get my car I have 3 options
1. Trickle charge using a 110 outlet!!! (3mi/hr)
2. Use Oakdale supercharger once a week
3. 1/2 block from my house is a charger at gas station.

Luckily I only drive about 150 miles a week.

My agreement doesn't include any reference to an "on or about date". Oh, well - back to waiting in the dark.

Delivery Date.jpg

Just received the "It's Complete" email - with an estimated delivery of 12/24 - 1/7. What?!?! I could see a week, tops, not 3.5 to 5. It's coming to Orlando, not Sydney.
Assuming your car is being shipped via Union Pacific, they could be anticipating a delay when switching over to CSX since UP doesn't seem to go much further than the Mississippi River based in some quick googling.

Assuming your car is being shipped via Union Pacific, they could be anticipating a delay when switching over to CSX since UP doesn't seem to go much further than the Mississippi River based in some quick googling.

Thanks for checking into that; I wouldn't have known where to look for train info. Even giving a brief switchover delay, my current delivery window seems excessive. I suppose there's nothing to be done for it, though, so it'll be what it'll be.

Thanks for checking into that; I wouldn't have known where to look for train info. Even giving a brief switchover delay, my current delivery window seems excessive. I suppose there's nothing to be done for it, though, so it'll be what it'll be.

My car was completed yesterday and my original delivery window was Dec 18 - Jan 1. Later today my delivery window was changed to Dec 8 - Dec 22. I've seen many people have their delivery dates moved up. My guess is your delivery date will get moved up as they get a better idea of the transportation schedules.

Reactions: Maximapolak
Just received the "It's Complete" email - with an estimated delivery of 12/24 - 1/7. What?!?! I could see a week, tops, not 3.5 to 5. It's coming to Orlando, not Sydney.
I'm not surprised. My DS told me that the car is put on a train to Birmingham, AL. From there it is transported by truck to your local DS. After that they do an inspection at their service center to make sure the car is in excellent condition for delivery which can take a few days. That entire process can take a few weeks on average to make it to the east coast.

I ordered an S 90D on 10/24. Confirmed on 11/1. As of today, delivery still appears as "December - Early January 2017".

After multiple inquiries, my owner advisor said they had a "calculated" delivery date of 12/22, which I don't see on MyTesla.

So, almost a whole month and still no actual delivery date. How was your situation?
MS 60D
Confirmed 10/26
Production start (website status)11/29
Production start (email) 12/1
Production complete (email) 12/2
Estimated Delivery (email&website) 12/20/2016 - 01/03/2017

To answer your question, I think you get a more realistic range after the production is complete. You will set a precise delivery date a week or two before delivery.

@steveho
Yes, they are allowing me to put a 100 amp meter on my garage.
Totally separate from my house.
So I'll have 100 amp in house, and 100 amp in garage

Bakken electric doing it. (Found on Tesla website)
The guy who did the bid drives a Tesla model S!

Putting it in on Tuesday.

Then gotta wait wait wait for Xcel

Then gotta wait for the car!

@steveho
Yes, they are allowing me to put a 100 amp meter on my garage.
Totally separate from my house.
So I'll have 100 amp in house, and 100 amp in garage

Bakken electric doing it. (Found on Tesla website)
The guy who did the bid drives a Tesla model S!

Putting it in on Tuesday.

Then gotta wait wait wait for Xcel

Then gotta wait for the car!

@JRMW
Everything I read on the xcel brochures and websites is that the meter has to be on the main house, next to the main house meter.

So on your installation, they have two lines from the pole, one to the house, one to the garage. IF this is the case, I'll put this on my garage in the spring. I can tackle this myself (the mast, meter base, breaker box, and nema 14-50 outlet).

My car comes next week!! Then I gotta wait for the meter!

Can you post a pic of your garage meter / mast? Thanks!