Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long did it take from ordering to actually having a delivery date?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@JRMW There is a slight vibration coming from the front end at speeds above 60mph. I don't think it is tires or balance, but something else. The tech that went on a test ride with me said that he has heard of this in some of the new fascia front ends, that maybe there is a part that is vibrating in the wind. they took it apart and adjusted a few things (i don't know what yet), but it was still there. They said to keep the loaner over the weekend, and will get back to me on Monday. Otherwise everything else works fine (except AP2.0 which does nothing...yet).

So, I received my "car in transit" email this morning despite having already received the "delivery confirmation" email five days ago. My delivery is scheduled for Tuesday morning, My Tesla shows all pre-delivery steps completed, yet I still haven't received the final numbers from my uncommunicative DS. They better take a personal check (I'm still annoyed that I can't use my Amex), as I won't have time to get a certified check tomorrow.

I'm sure I'll love the car, but I am definitely not pleased with the level of communication and organization I've seen so far. Every interaction with my DS (after her introductory email) has been initiated by me. Status emails have been sent out of order and out of sync with the My Tesla page. Sloppy and inefficient all around. Not at all what I've experienced with MB and Porsche customer service personnel.

Frustrating...

Sad to hear this.

I have never gotten an email. Unsure why.
Until yesterday I just followed the Dashboard

Unfortunately starting yesterday Dashboard is now blank.

I spoke with my DS Wednesday and he confirmed that a regular check is fine. (That's how I'm paying)

So, I received my "car in transit" email this morning despite having already received the "delivery confirmation" email five days ago. My delivery is scheduled for Tuesday morning, My Tesla shows all pre-delivery steps completed, yet I still haven't received the final numbers from my uncommunicative DS. They better take a personal check (I'm still annoyed that I can't use my Amex), as I won't have time to get a certified check tomorrow.

I'm sure I'll love the car, but I am definitely not pleased with the level of communication and organization I've seen so far. Every interaction with my DS (after her introductory email) has been initiated by me. Status emails have been sent out of order and out of sync with the My Tesla page. Sloppy and inefficient all around. Not at all what I've experienced with MB and Porsche customer service personnel.

Frustrating...

Both the Tesla finance guy and my DS said they take a personal check. That is what I am planning to do as well. I'm kind of suprised given the amount I have to pay up front to cover their required down payment and the taxes, etc.

Mine was confirmed on 11/14, and went into production on the 2nd (173xxx). It's still in production according to MyTesla. My page has always shown from day 1 as "Late December - January, 2017." I was just wondering what the difference between that and "December - Early January, 2017" is. Which one suggests an earlier delivery date?

Both the Tesla finance guy and my DS said they take a personal check. That is what I am planning to do as well. I'm kind of suprised given the amount I have to pay up front to cover their required down payment and the taxes, etc.

Yep, I had that confirmed by the finance guy in CA this afternoon after I queried him directly. They eventually updated My Tesla with the final documents. I still haven't heard from my DS with a response to my Friday questions. I'm looking forward to the post-sale survey...

@PatrickB I was at the Tesla store today and did not see your car there. (black with gray rims)
@JRMW i don't know your build but from one of your posts, it looks midnight silver (dark gray). I did see 4 or 5 dark gray cars there, some still wrapped in plastic.

There were about 30 new cars there without license plates, of which 8 or 10 were wrapped in plastic. I have pics. Here are some of them.

Attachments

• IMG_20161212_113225.jpg
    IMG_20161212_113225.jpg
    445.8 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20161212_113358.jpg
    IMG_20161212_113358.jpg
    516.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20161212_113413.jpg
    IMG_20161212_113413.jpg
    433.1 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20161212_113435.jpg
    IMG_20161212_113435.jpg
    400.9 KB · Views: 34
Reactions: PatrickB
@PatrickB I was at the Tesla store today and did not see your car there. (black with gray rims)
@JRMW i don't know your build but from one of your posts, it looks midnight silver (dark gray). I did see 4 or 5 dark gray cars there, some still wrapped in plastic.

There were about 30 new cars there without license plates, of which 8 or 10 were wrapped in plastic. I have pics. Here are some of them.

haha thanks! Yeah I'm not anticipating it having been there yet. I was hoping it would arrive today or yesterday so I could pick it up by Friday, but I'm perfectly content to wait until my scheduled date, next Friday, if that's what it amounts to :) So close!

Reactions: steveho