Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long for Driving Visualizations to appear on new model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How long did it take for all of the road visualizations to start showing up on your screen? I am seeing most everything, but stop signs and stop lights are still not appearing. I took delivery last night and have driven approximately 150 miles so far. I have basic autopilot. Do these not show up unless I have FSD?

My visualization ran from Fall 2018 to Spring 2022 so pretty sure it wasn’t a demo (3 years, 5 months) and simply stopped. I had an AP2.5 installed. Spent $1000 for AP3.0, and an additional $350 to replace a faulty camera and all I got was a return of the FSD visualization button, a new line on the display when I come to an intersection, and nothing else. Reset the screen, turned sentry mode off, and have driven 100s of miles with no change. Checked with the dealership and they said I should pay $200 a minth subscription for autopilot which I I don’t want since adding $2400 a year for a single option is a nonstarter—any ideas?

My visualization ran from Fall 2018 to Spring 2022 so pretty sure it wasn’t a demo (3 years, 5 months) and simply stopped. I had an AP2.5 installed. Spent $1000 for AP3.0, and an additional $350 to replace a faulty camera and all I got was a return of the FSD visualization button, a new line on the display when I come to an intersection, and nothing else. Reset the screen, turned sentry mode off, and have driven 100s of miles with no change. Checked with the dealership and they said I should pay $200 a minth subscription for autopilot which I I don’t want since adding $2400 a year for a single option is a nonstarter—any ideas?

Your vehicle did not come with autopilot (it didnt exist back then, only Enhanced autopilot and / or FSD). $200 a month would be a FSD subscription, not autopilot.

Perhaps see what it would cost you to upgrade to "autopilot" permanently?

Your vehicle did not come with autopilot (it didnt exist back then, only Enhanced autopilot and / or FSD). $200 a month would be a FSD subscription, not autopilot.

Perhaps see what it would cost you to upgrade to "autopilot" permanently?
Took a look and it will total $24,000 (almost as much as the car) starting at $3000 for autopilot, then $6000 for enhanced autopilot, then FSD for $15,000.

Bottom line: I had traffic and obstacle visualization (still have it when a warning goes off about a close car) for nearly 2.5 years then nothing—autopilot wasn’t legal in NV so I didn’t get the option. None of the options above even mentioned traffic visualization
8DCC3C65-EB60-43F1-8CFF-CD4A1034D919.png

Took a look and it will total $24,000 (almost as much as the car) starting at $3000 for autopilot, then $6000 for enhanced autopilot, then FSD for $15,000.

Bottom line: I had traffic and obstacle visualization (still have it when a warning goes off about a close car) for nearly 2.5 years then nothing—autopilot wasn’t legal in NV so I didn’t get the option. None of the options above even mentioned traffic visualizationView attachment 852320

Thats autopilot + EITHER Enhanced autopilot, OR Full Self Driving. So, no its not 24k.