Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many Guests can you take to a Delivery ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This maybe a strange question, but how many "guests" ( people not registered as car owners) are going to the Deliveries ?

As it happens my wife can't some to my delivery, and when I mentioned it at work 2 EV owners immediately asked if they could come instead.

I'd imagine many families will take 2 or 3 children, I'm sure 2 fairly well behaved engineers will be OK.
Is anyone planning or avoiding going with an extended fan club ?

This maybe a strange question, but how many "guests" ( people not registered as car owners) are going to the Deliveries ?

As it happens my wife can't some to my delivery, and when I mentioned it at work 2 EV owners immediately asked if they could come instead.

I'd imagine many families will take 2 or 3 children, I'm sure 2 fairly well behaved engineers will be OK.

The handover is quite manic...and there isn't a lot of room to wait (especially if they are running behind). I would take max 1 or two.... Although... handy to have more people to check the car over!

Yes, the more the merrier. My wife came, and a friend drove us there, so I divvied up the checking between us - I did the interior, doors, boot and frunk, while the others crawled all over the bodywork looking for panel gaps and paint defects.

They seem very flexible at the delivery centre. There were groups of three and four people there. One guy came on his (rather expensive looking) bike, and they popped it into one of the unused offices so it was safe while he had his handover. He put it into the M3 boot to take it home :D

They have free coffee & Tea too! :D (And grab a few little Tesla Coffee cups - @DaveW pointed that one out to me :p)

As everyone above says, take who you want with you. Also the more people you have the easier the checklist can be checked through.

Also as its your car i guarantee you will be on cloud 9 and those extra eyes do help a lot in checking :)

• Funny
Reactions: drewpost and DaveW
I went with my wife and two sons (18 & 12). I never gave any thought to whether it was allowed or too many. The staff at the handover were all delightful and no one seemed to pay any attention to it. I say, as long as the people you bring are behaved and it is a sensible group, take whom you like.

Reactions: Roy W.

4 , one to check each door panel :D

• Funny
Reactions: pacman65 and Roy W.