Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many have had the "7 O'clock Stalker"?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Ugliest1

S85: "Sparky"
Supporting Member
Aug 19, 2013
Victoria BC Canada
This is different from a Tesla Moment or Tesla Time because there's no interaction. So, you're driving along at whatever constant speed in a 2+ lane highway (or roadway) and a vehicle (car, truck, whatever) catches up to you from way behind, moves to or is already in the lane to your left, and then stays in the 7 o'clock position for a few minutes, before accelerating, passing, and going away. I haven't seen a lot of finger-pointing or obvious discussion, but I'm sure they're checking out the car.

Anyone else notice an uptick with similar driver behaviour?

This is different from a Tesla Moment or Tesla Time because there's no interaction. So, you're driving along at whatever constant speed in a 2+ lane highway (or roadway) and a vehicle (car, truck, whatever) catches up to you from way behind, moves to or is already in the lane to your left, and then stays in the 7 o'clock position for a few minutes, before accelerating, passing, and going away. I haven't seen a lot of finger-pointing or obvious discussion, but I'm sure they're checking out the car.

happens to me a lot...

I think the better question is does this ever NOT happen to anyone every single time you take the car out?

This happens to me a lot. Although I find many hang out right beside the car at the 9:00 position. My wife makes a game of it to count how many rubber neckers we have during a trip.
I don't mind, except when I want to change into their lane, and can't...then they get to see the car accelerate :biggrin:
Anything from 18 wheelers to motorcycles have done this behaviour to check out the car.

Oh yeah! All the time. I love to see them craning their necks to look at the front of the car to try to figure out what it is. I have had people pull up to the 9 o'clock position and roll down windows at 70 MPH to scream: "What kinda car is that?" My wife wants to make me a sign that says, "It's a Tesla!!"

• Funny
Reactions: Thomas76
Happens a lot, and would be a good case for a blind spot alert feature on the car. I will see the car coming up from behind to the left, then it just disappears (i.e. doesn't go past). I have to look over my shoulder to see what's going on. Sometimes it's annoying because I'm waiting for the guy to go past so I can move over to the left and overtake a slower car in front.

Driving along toward Fremont, about a year and a half ago, doing about 65 (which is definitely suspicious behavior in CA) I saw a motorcycle CHP coming up on me from way back doing about 95 in the fast lane. All of a sudden he pulls over behind me, slows down and just sits there. After a few seconds, he pulls slowly along side, head turned all the way past. Gets about 20 feet in front, turns and takes a loooonng look back (No front plates!), and then quickly jacks it back up to near 100 and is gone. Milli and I watched him all the way around, and had a good laugh.

They are probably just driving over there. The Tesla Model S isn't that special...

Nope. I regularly have cars coming up behind and to the left going significantly faster than me only to slow down and match my speed at the 7 o'clock position for a bit before accelerating past me. I don't ever recall getting this in any of my other cars. It is actually kinda annoying because they usually sit in my blind spot doing this.

Be sure you add to the bottom "It's made by Tesla. No, not GM or Ford or Chrysler. Tesla."

Had this happen this past weekend.

I have a laminated 8 1/2" x 11" info card (thanks Lielani) made up and on the back I have in a big font:

www.teslamotors.com / 100% electric!

When I describe the car to people I usually say it is 1000% electric though!

Last edited: