Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many Model X owners here have also placed order for the Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Model X due within a few weeks. I have a lot of anxiety about it, although I think I am going to love it.

I ordered two Model 3s. If, after a few years, the X isn't doing it for us, I could imagine selling it and configuring one of the 3s to be high end. I have no needs that stop me from owning any of the Telsa models - just want a fun car and the ability to carry some passengers now and then. Almost all commuting we do now is by bike or public transportation. The Prius just sits as its not exactly a fun car.

Regarding the second 3? For good measure! Have some family members who might like an early model. Maybe the market will be hot enough to buy and turn around at profit? May as well use my current-owner advantage and leave options available.

Will probably be getting one in Silver for my son who will be turning 15 and getting his learners permit in May 2018. It is significantly smaller than a Model S and X.
Screenshot (23).png
Model 3.png

I also ordered a Model 3 before the reveal as my experience with my X since taking delivery has been *fantastic*.

And at least two friends who have seen first-hand how incredible the X is realized that they also needed to reserve a Model 3 (before the reveal)....

Alright boys and girls

Aside from all the chaotic and stressful problems from my Model X (It will all be fixed anyway). Let's start something fun. Since the Model 3 has just revealed today, it looks gorgeous IMO. How many Model X owners here will also be getting a Model 3?

I have waited 2 hours in line this morning in Costa Mesa Tesla to put down $1000 for a Model 3. I guess I will be one of the first batch to experience the Model 3 again, hopefully no more problems for early adaptors. Anyone else?

Done online thu evening

Just got home from picking up Nicky, my Model X from the Service Center following a 3,200 mile road trip. They fixed some minor stuff (mainly the charge port door), and corrected things I didn't even know about. Plus they washed and vacuumed a very dirty car. These guys are great!

Convinced me to place a Model ≡ so we can go full electric.

reserved M3 while taking delivery of my MX 90D at Costa Mesa on Thursday. So happy with my MX.

Congrats! Any build issues with your X? I will also be taking delivery in Costa Mesa, hopefully in two weeks. Who was your DS?

Is the tint on the panoramic windshield and skylights on the FWD adequate. It has been very sunny lately. Also, did you get a sunshade for the panoramic windshield?

a
Congrats! Any build issues with your X? I will also be taking delivery in Costa Mesa, hopefully in two weeks. Who was your DS?

Is the tint on the panoramic windshield and skylights on the FWD adequate. It has been very sunny lately. Also, did you get a sunshade for the panoramic windshield?

View media item 114607View media item 114606
I was today in Huntington Beach at the state beach sitting in the car for about 1 hour and talking on the phone while it was sunny day. No heat on my head so tint is enough for my preference :) when driving I already did about 500 miles in last 2 days the tint is really good enough... I had no sunshade given to me. I wanted to ask them and I forgot... need to call my DS. My DS was Andrew Dinh... I met him for 5 minutes and then he brought someone else to take care of us I don't remember the name of the guy who took care of us there... It was crazy day - last day of March and Model 3 line... so delivery was rushed.

No major issues with the car so far. However my horn does not work and I had a scratch on one plastic panel inside of the car on the side. And one falcon door has very tiny scratch on the edge of the doors... We had very fine comb checking for those things and put these 2 things on due bill. Missed the horn though but I think it is under warranty :) I did not contact SC for any appointment or repair yet as we don't want to part with our car. We love autopilot. We love summon, we love auto presenting doors.... falcon doors attract a lot attention and I am not fan of attention lol... but I do my best to be MX ambassador and when someone approaches I tell them a lot about the car haha :) it is kind of invisible if you don't open falcon door but after opening falcons you get 10 people around you asking questions... a few people even said they are going to check it out online and possible and order M3 or MX when they get home...

Congrats and good luck with you delivery, have you received your VIN finally?

Last edited:
Congrats and good luck with you delivery, have you received your VIN finally?

Thank you! I am still waiting for my VIN but Elon tweeted that more deliveries are on the way this month. Hopefully delivery soon!

Glad the tint is sufficient, that is one of my main concerns. Hopefully they will fix the horn, probably needs a fuse replacement. Good luck with your X

Thank you! I am still waiting for my VIN but Elon tweeted that more deliveries are on the way this month. Hopefully delivery soon!

Glad the tint is sufficient, that is one of my main concerns. Hopefully they will fix the horn, probably needs a fuse replacement. Good luck with your X

Follow up with your DS about VIN, I felt if I did not try to get a hold of my DS I wouldn't be scheduled for delivery on March 31. But if you bug them (I did not bug too much - I was able to reach on the phone 3-4 times over the course of my purchase process across 6 months and 2 emails received). Costa Mesa people seem like not really quickly responding.... all contact I made was mostly last 2 weeks before delivery when my window of delivery was approaching. I think it is stupid but I was told on Tuesday that my car is in production and then it was delivered on Thursday - supposedly came in transport Thursday morning... well, maybe that's true however I can't belief it though :) so call them to get your VIN if they can do anything about checking on it...

yeah I am pretty sure that they fix it with no blink :) just don't want to part with my X now... I am going for 4 weeks vacation in May so I want to enjoy it for the whole April before I leave. Funny thing horn works fine when using Tesla iPhone app to make it honk. but pressing on the wheel does not give proper sound... it is somewhat like a gentle sneeze. LOL

Follow up with your DS about VIN, I felt if I did not try to get a hold of my DS I wouldn't be scheduled for delivery on March 31. But if you bug them (I did not bug too much - I was able to reach on the phone 3-4 times over the course of my purchase process across 6 months and 2 emails received). Costa Mesa people seem like not really quickly responding.... all contact I made was mostly last 2 weeks before delivery when my window of delivery was approaching. I think it is stupid but I was told on Tuesday that my car is in production and then it was delivered on Thursday - supposedly came in transport Thursday morning... well, maybe that's true however I can't belief it though :) so call them to get your VIN if they can do anything about checking on it...

I initially ordered the 70D (confirmed January 18) but after the call on March 11th I upgraded to the 90D + premium package and was told to expect a mid-April delivery. Based on the Model X Tracker and the forum it seems the last VIN assignment was on March 14th. I contacted Tesla twice and was simply told that I will get a VIN in the coming weeks before my X enters production. They didn't really check anything but they told me my order is "on-track".

If I just kept my order as a 90D when I ordered instead of changing it to a 70D the night before my order confirmed I would probably have my X by now. However, on the bright side with the extra wait I can expect a trouble free Model X!

I plan on posting a bunch of Model X videos on my Youtube channel after delivery!

BTW, did you lease, finance, or by in cash. I am going for financing but not sure how the process works. If you financed what rate did you get?

yeah I am pretty sure that they fix it with no blink :) just don't want to part with my X now... I am going for 4 weeks vacation in May so I want to enjoy it for the whole April before I leave. Funny thing horn works fine when using Tesla iPhone app to make it honk. but pressing on the wheel does not give proper sound... it is somewhat like a gentle sneeze. LOL

Just open the app whenever you need to use the horn :)