Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many newbies plan on film-coating their new rides?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had friends with black cars and the swirls you get over time are awful. I went with nanofusion PPF and opticoat pro for the remaining paint surfaces. I'll never buy another new car without having similar work done.

I have a Pearl White that will be delivered hopefully this week. I am also getting the nanofusion film and opticoat on the rest of the paint surfaces, windows, and interior. Even with my other cars I have seen the swirls and I just don't want to see that one my Tesla.

On a Black car I would do it, no questions. At the very least just get the opticoat done.

Thanks Erik

I'm having the equivalent of Opticoat on my silver car, but am still debating the film... living in Minnesota, the dirt in the winter is what is going to bother me the most, but I know with construction season (aka, the second season in this state), rock chips are a very real issue.

Mine arriving in a couple of weeks. Tesla guy says don't bother, but I wonder. What do you all say? Obsidian Black.
I got Xpel on my car and it looks like I scrapped a high curb in a parking lot (possibly a diamond around a tree) so I hope the Xpel protected the paint but it won't do anything for the black plastic runner. Probably more important for the new body color runners. I'd recommend Xpel for paint protection, once I found out if my paint was saved I'll let you know.