TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

How many newbies plan on film-coating their new rides?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Ashkenaz, May 31, 2016.

1. Ashkenaz

Ashkenaz Member

Mine arriving in a couple of weeks. Tesla guy says don't bother, but I wonder. What do you all say? Obsidian Black.

2. Sm4llz

Sm4llz Member

I've had friends with black cars and the swirls you get over time are awful. I went with nanofusion PPF and opticoat pro for the remaining paint surfaces. I'll never buy another new car without having similar work done.

3. DÆrik

DÆrik Member

I have a Pearl White that will be delivered hopefully this week. I am also getting the nanofusion film and opticoat on the rest of the paint surfaces, windows, and interior. Even with my other cars I have seen the swirls and I just don't want to see that one my Tesla.

On a Black car I would do it, no questions. At the very least just get the opticoat done.

Thanks Erik

4. Ashkenaz

Ashkenaz Member

Where do you get something like this done?

5. Julesp313

Julesp313 Member

I'm having the equivalent of Opticoat on my silver car, but am still debating the film... living in Minnesota, the dirt in the winter is what is going to bother me the most, but I know with construction season (aka, the second season in this state), rock chips are a very real issue.

6. GasKilla

GasKilla No Gas Know Peace

I got Xpel on my car and it looks like I scrapped a high curb in a parking lot (possibly a diamond around a tree) so I hope the Xpel protected the paint but it won't do anything for the black plastic runner. Probably more important for the new body color runners. I'd recommend Xpel for paint protection, once I found out if my paint was saved I'll let you know.