Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many of you will/may transition to CyberTruck?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will the Frunk of the Cybertruck have a large weight limit maybe 5 to 600lbs? The lightening and Rivian have a 400lb weight limit for front storage. It would be great to be able to mount a Knaack tool box in the Frunk to keep bed space open. I see these toolboxes bolted in truck beds. Just think no more wasting bed space with a toolbox.
Z_rGtwlcpEx_.JPG

Will the Frunk of the Cybertruck have a large weight limit maybe 5 to 600lbs? The lightening and Rivian have a 400lb weight limit for front storage. It would be great to be able to mount a Knaack tool box in the Frunk to keep bed space open. I see these toolboxes bolted in truck beds. Just think no more wasting bed space with a toolbox.
Z_rGtwlcpEx_.JPG
Hmm... I think the F150's Frunk is better suited for the purpose you describe. I don't think the CT frunk could handle something like that. Does it even have an openable frunk? I have not seen any mention or photo of a CT frunk.

Z_rGtwlcpEx_.JPG
Why would you need to bolt a tool chest in the frunk? The frunk is a lockable tool chest.

I just think it would be easier to put a bunch of tools and equipment in one container and not have to tie down a bunch of different items to keep stuff from sliding all over the place. Also some people like to keep their all their tools neat and organized in a toolbox and hard mounted not just tossed in a carrying box or bag.

Z_rGtwlcpEx_.JPG

I just drove by a large union crew modifying a bridge. Mostly welders and equipment operators. Not one of their long line of pickups could be replace by CT based on the content of their pickup beds. If Musk was serious about replacing light pickups he picked an inappropriate product. I bet the sane second choice of pickup Frans showed Musk was a lot more suitable for Tesla's mission and growth.
Tesla has outgrown Musk. It's time for the thoughtful adults to lead on product choices.
Still looking forward to seeing Cybertruck on the road. Little kids and the unconventional will love it.

• Disagree
Reactions: israndy
I just think it would be easier to put a bunch of tools and equipment in one container and not have to tie down a bunch of different items to keep stuff from sliding all over the place. Also some people like to keep their all their tools neat and organized in a toolbox and hard mounted not just tossed in a carrying box or bag.

CT will likely have some great third party tool holding mods for the bed. As a general purpose tool, like farm and ranch work, CT should be great. It would have been equally great without the freakazoid exterior.

I just drove by a large union crew modifying a bridge. Mostly welders and equipment operators. Not one of their long line of pickups could be replace by CT based on the content of their pickup beds.
Can you be more specific. What is it that the CT won't be able to carry? You are not talking about Ford SuperDuty, F-450 type of trucks, right? "Equipment operators" can be hauled in batches to work place in Priuses for god sake!

F150 Contractor cap
images

My Vet Doctor has one of these boxes in her F150
Cobalt-6-main.jpg
Great examples! Thank you. Sure, new lines of toolboxes will be designed for the Cybertruck. Also, I've heard the criticism of CT for its sloping sides because, supposedly, it will be hard to reach over the side. This is somewhat perplexing to me as I have no idea how anyone who isn't in the same league as Michael Jordan can reach out to anything closer to the floor or to the middle of the truck bed over the side wall.

Reactions: henderrj
Will Tesla have a fit if you start drilling into the bed floor and bed sides to mount whatever you want to mount on the Truck? Say a Farmer/Rancher drills a hole into the bed sail panels to mount a filler nozzle for his transfer tank to fuel their equipment.
All this resembles me a guy who was trying to convince me, while we were checking out the Ford Mach-E at a local dealership, that EVs are very dangerous because they have a lot of liquid acid that will leak out of the batteries and burn terribly bad. Even though there is some truth to what he said, I find it as yet another example that some people are looking for solutions when others are looking for excuses.

Reactions: Hank42
All this resembles me a guy who was trying to convince me, while we were checking out the Ford Mach-E at a local dealership, that EVs are very dangerous because they have a lot of liquid acid that will leak out of the batteries and burn terribly bad. Even though there is some truth to what he said, I find it as yet another example that some people are looking for solutions when others are looking for excuses.

By the way, stainless is pretty good for welding/spot welding, and it is stronger than most of the alloys used on cars and trucks.

Has anyone seen the under side of the Bed in the Cybertruck? Will you be able to drill through the Floor of the Bed to hard mount/bolt down anything to the Bed Floor of the Truck? The Truck is supposed to have a 3,000 lb payload capacity. That is in the 3/4 to One Ton Truck payload capacity. The Truck should be able to handle heavy duty work. Isn't the quad motor Truck supposed have over 14,000 lb of towing?

Has anyone seen the under side of the Bed in the Cybertruck? Will you be able to drill through the Floor of the Bed to hard mount/bolt down anything to the Bed Floor of the Truck? The Truck is supposed to have a 3,000 lb payload capacity. That is in the 3/4 to One Ton Truck payload capacity. The Truck should be able to handle heavy duty work. Isn't the quad motor Truck supposed have over 14,000 lb of towing?
I think I will be not too far off if I assume there will be VERY limited access to under the CT bed space because is it not a bathtub-on-rails design. The CT's bed is T-grooved, it's like 80-20. So you don't have to drill anything in it. I made frames out of 80-20 holding heckuva load. In the image and video you posted you can see the grooves in the bed.