Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many of you will/may transition to CyberTruck?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla's latest updates will predict Supercharger availability to you based on the number of other Tesla that have selected that site as their next charging spot.
Imagine that at first, it will be only an educated guess, but as time goes by and it gets more experience the predictions will improve.

It might eventually be refined to notice to what % cars already plugged in have selected, current charging rates etc.

Experienced Tesla owners already know that during lunch times, and busy holidays, which Superchargers will be at over capacity. Same as how ICE owners know when Costco will have the longest lines and avoid filling then.
2023.38.6 released the below listed feature - effective 11/3/2023 - however this branch is only being run by 3% of the Tesla base at this time and this is currently the only branch that contains this update right now - at least from what I can see on the NotaTeslaApp website - so it'll take a while to get out to enough Tesla vehicles to have this feature be worthwhile given the other Tesla vehicles enroute also have to be running this same feature/branch to report the required data OTA for the predictive features to actually be useful - at least this is my current understanding. I wouldn't expect this feature to really be useful until sometime early next year best estimate. It's also only applicable to Tesla vehicles - which means it won't help for non-Tesla vehicles coming onto the system next year - unless Tesla offers up APIs for third party apps and those third parties actually code against the API to allow for this feature to participate in this aspect of the system - and from what I've seen - updates from other legacy manufacturers are relatively rare compared to Tesla unfortunately.

1699476854142.png

Who will transition to the CT? Not me.

I got tired of waiting and cancelled my reservation a while back.

Got an MS and with the recent price cuts causing massive depreciation, no way I can afford CT.

I can afford a hitch on said MS and a flat bed trailer though. Wonder if the range will be similar?

Tesla CT production woes will likely match lack of demand such that wait times are not years, but months.

Not gonna read through 25 pages in this thread to voice my opinion. I got a Rivian R1T in March of 2023 and build quality was okay but charging at 3rd party Level 3 chargers sucked big time. Not gonna waste my time running around to try and find a Level 3 charger that works nor wait until Tesla opens up chargers or Rivian sells NACS adapter and will het a CT when it’s available. Been a Tesla early adopter since 2015 and CS has gone downhill, but can’t get away from the products they produce. Not a Tesla Boy-fan, but a fab if products that work. BTW, traded in my R1T 3 months ago for a DE5 Acura Integra Type S and will be my last ICE fun manual tranny car.

Who will transition to the CT? Not me.

I got tired of waiting and cancelled my reservation a while back.

Got an MS and with the recent price cuts causing massive depreciation, no way I can afford CT.

I can afford a hitch on said MS and a flat bed trailer though. Wonder if the range will be similar?

Tesla CT production woes will likely match lack of demand such that wait times are not years, but months.
Care to define “lack of demand”?

Reactions: gillfoto
You seem to have many thoughts with none well thought out. Keep your biases in control and you may begin to see and think clearly.

Keep the focus on how many CT you think will be sold in its first 3 years and then share with us. Good news is you can revisit your forecast every now and then and see how way off you are. It may be therapeutic.

Speaking of thoughts that were shared back before the pandemic, reflect on how many EV trucks you knew of then vs. now…and you may realize how dynamic the market is. Just because you don’t like changes, that does not mean the world around you stops to evolve. And no, it does not revolve around you!

Are you serious? Interest rates are not higher than 2020? Range not lower per the latest spy shots? Weight higher per leaked EPA docs? Price will be anywhere near 40K? You can fact check these, not my thoughts.

Some order placers may have believed the numbers they were given at the rollout and at battery day. I know I was hoping they would be mostly true. But being a engineer with knowledge of the structural and manufacturing claims made for SS and sandwich structure, it was clear it was going to fall short or be delayed or both, so I cancelled my order.

I don't know how many CT will be sold, but Elon said how many will be made.

You are correct in that there are a lot more truck choices out there. If anything, that will soften demand for CT.

Just to be safe, I'm ordering a pair for the grandkids, the ones I can afford, on Amazon.

Not gonna read through 25 pages in this thread to voice my opinion. I got a Rivian R1T in March of 2023 and build quality was okay but charging at 3rd party Level 3 chargers sucked big time. Not gonna waste my time running around to try and find a Level 3 charger that works nor wait until Tesla opens up chargers or Rivian sells NACS adapter and will het a CT when it’s available. Been a Tesla early adopter since 2015 and CS has gone downhill, but can’t get away from the products they produce. Not a Tesla Boy-fan, but a fab if products that work. BTW, traded in my R1T 3 months ago for a DE5 Acura Integra Type S and will be my last ICE fun manual tranny car.

I saw the new Integra. Can't say I'm impressed that much. I'm keeping my GS-R '94 build with 477k miles because random strangers show up wanting to buy it.

Still get 31 Mpg, and 0-60 in 7 .5 sec. Just enough to surprise an M3P at a light when I pop the clutch and touch 8k rpms.

I saw the new Integra. Can't say I'm impressed that much. I'm keeping my GS-R '94 build with 477k miles because random strangers show up wanting to buy it.

Still get 31 Mpg, and 0-60 in 7 .5 sec. Just enough to surprise an M3P at a light when I pop the clutch and touch 8k rpms.

Seeing and driving is a big difference for the DE5/FL5 platform. I had a 97 ITR and regret getting rid of it. My favorite current ride is my modded FK8, but for stock the DE5 takes the cake. (Model 3 in background for Tesla content).

Attachments

• IMG_0099.jpeg
    IMG_0099.jpeg
    575.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_9491.jpeg
    IMG_9491.jpeg
    786.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_8869.jpeg
    IMG_8869.jpeg
    1,008.3 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: T3SLAROD
I'm not out yet, but missing the payload and tow targets definitely closed the gap between CT (score=709) and F150L (score=691):
CT vs F150L
The fact that I currently have the F150L also means CT must win by some margin for me to take the loss trading in the Lightning. However, drivers assist weighs heavily so if/when Tesla fixes either EAP or FSD the CT score will get boosted quite a bit.

I‘ve wanted a truck for ever, but since my work is at a significant distance I‘ve held off getting one. Got the Model 3 this past April and quickly realized an EV truck would be the way to go.

I don’t need one for work and wouldn’t do any significant towing. The truck would be for the use of the bed, mostly; transporting mowers, snow blowers; picking up appliances; hauling mulch, soil, shrubs, etc., for home projects.

So, the question in my situation becomes one about styling and price. No matter where you go with this truck it is going to get a lot of attention. Some folks love that, others are fine with it, and some don’t want it. Something to consider.

That leaves price as the final determinant. The basic model works for me, but won’t likely spend more than 50k for it. If it comes in under that number sign me up.

Reactions: cusetownusa
I'm not out yet, but missing the payload and tow targets definitely closed the gap between CT (score=709) and F150L (score=691):
CT vs F150L
The fact that I currently have the F150L also means CT must win by some margin for me to take the loss trading in the Lightning. However, drivers assist weighs heavily so if/when Tesla fixes either EAP or FSD the CT score will get boosted quite a bit.
So… you might trade in your F150L and loose money, and… purchase FSD and loose a ton more? lol. FSD… the Big Fraud fools another.

Reactions: texas_star_TM3
CT vs F150L

After seeing it in person I might be out.

Truly it is stunning and I bet it will drive great. But to me it looks fragile. I know my Lightning can take dents and it’s no big deal, On SS I’m not sure how it’s going to hold. Those bullets holes don’t disappear unfortunately.

The dash in the CT it twice as long as the Lightning, the back seats are adequate if you don’t regularly carry people back there, but if you do and have a Lightning it won’t be the same.

We don’t have much information on interior storage, but we know the Lightning has tons of storage inside.

Driving dynamics, and price will be the biggest factor for me. Range no longer matters since they are likely to be equal.

Truly it is stunning and I bet it will drive great. But to me it looks fragile. I know my Lightning can take dents and it’s no big deal, On SS I’m not sure how it’s going to hold. Those bullets holes don’t disappear unfortunately.
What do you mean by this? Your Lightning will dent/scratch much easier than the CT. Are you talking about when it does get a dent/scratch?

What do you mean by this? Your Lightning will dent/scratch much easier than the CT. Are you talking about when it does get a dent/scratch?

Yes and it will come off just as easily, that’s my point.

A dented truck usually stays a dented truck because it’s not a big deal. You can leave it or get it repaired easily.

Have you ever seen a SS fridge dented? It’s not pretty.

Knowing the limited numbers I’d be stressed out making sure it stays pristine.