Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

How many of you will/may transition to CyberTruck?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
300k AGI yes - adjusted gross income - IIRC it's line 11 on the 1040. Ford adds their destination/delivery fee to their MSRP on their window stickers - so make sure to subtract this. Technically the limit for a 2023 F150L would be $81,995 since the Ford destination/delivery fee for 2023 is $1995.
Well, that certainly explains all the trucks that look about like this -

1700689637208.png

Reactions: HitchHiker71
Who cares? Most people don't ever tow anything, and people who tow a lot buy diesels.

Interesting. Are you saying they are giving a $7500 rebate on top of the negotiated price with the dealer? That is kind of a tempting proposition.

I just bought a 2023 F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Range 131 KWh battery, last month that qualifies for $7500 tax credit
It was a special ordered truck that original ordering person didn’t buy.
It has Phone as a Key, Hands Free Blue Cruise on mapped highways, Adaprive Cruise with Lane Keeping, Vey Quiet and smooth Ride

Im using my Tesla Wall Connector to charge it with a $50 adaptor
Ford sent me a free Ford Charge Pro 100 amp hard wired charger. I’ll probably sell it.
DC Fast charge is a steady 150 kWh until 80% then it drops significantly.

$81,840 MSRP
$79,845 MSRP Before Destination and delivery
-$2,500 Dealer discount
-$8,250 rebate ($7500 year end rebate & $750 Private Cash offer)
——————
$71,090 plus tax tag, title and $399 dealer fee.
Then I get to claim $7,500 tax credit in April when I file.
IMG_0744.jpeg
IMG_0717.jpeg
IMG_0572.png

Last edited:
I just bought a 2023 F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Range 131 KWh battery, last month that qualifies for $7500 tax credit
It was a special ordered truck that original ordering person didn’t buy.
It has Phone as a Key, Hands Free Blue Cruise on mapped highways, Adaprive Cruise with Lane Keeping, Vey Quiet and smooth Ride

Im using my Tesla Wall Connector to charge it with a $50 adaptor
Ford sent me a free Ford Charge Pro 100 amp hard wired charger. I’ll probably sell it.
DC Fast charge is a steady 150 kWh until 80% then it drops significantly.

$81,840 MSRP
$79,845 MSRP Before Destination and delivery
-$2,500 Dealer discount
-$8,250 rebate ($7500 year end rebate & $750 Private Cash offer)
——————
$71,090 plus tax tag, title and $399 dealer fee.
Then I get to claim $7,500 tax credit in April when I file.
View attachment 993094View attachment 993095View attachment 993100

Congrats! Enjoy that beast!

My ‘21 f150 crew cab fx4 was rated to tow around 11k lbs, had a highway range of 800 miles and would run 12 second flat 1/4 mile. Tuned twin turbo 3.5L. Paid 64k for it which I thought was a very good value. Now i look and the same vehicle is going for 80k. Ford cheaped out on the interior but as a truck it was the very best I’ve experienced. Rock solid drivetrain and utility. If they built a true Limited trim level with a non faux luxury interior and without goofy chrome rims id buy another. Elon claims CT is Tesla’s best vehicle yet, and I’m very curious to see how they outdo Ford.

I think that's the point, Ford has given up making cars because they have the best selling vehicle for 44 years on their hands. It'll be tough for the CT to score against a competitor that has already come to market and has figured out many of their first gen issues. The CT will have NO accessory companies ready to go the way the Ford did, no giant industry of truck campers that can just be popped onto the back and are sold specifically to fit the truck. It's gonna be a long time before the value as a truck is going to be obvious.

Not sure about off-road usage either. People know what goes wrong with an F150 when you scrape it & how to fix it, people may be as scared as they were to take the Faberge X off-roading even though it was delivered with the plastic pieces to protect the lower finish. Despite the machine gunned CT we haven't seen them really being beat up in all the road miles Tesla's marketing team have been putting the fleet thru.

Now it will compete on the towing capability. Imagine pulling your Ford into the one 50kW charger on your route with your 131kWh batt you just drained towing your Airstream, compared to the Tesla with a high speed charger every few miles down the highway (even in Montana) that's going to be painful. Especially if it's out of order, can't believe how many of them are just ignored after installation.

Last edited:
Reactions: HitchHiker71
FSD is QUITE a step up from the free AP, and you can recoup some of that cost if you re-sell via private party when you are ready for your next car so it's not total wasted money by any examination.

I am enjoying the AP 1.0 on my new2me '16 MX as a nice middle point between free AP and FSD, as this old Tesla has real rain and high beam sensors and doesn't suffer all the traditional issues with the Tesla version of AP (phantom braking, etc...), although it's quick to run stoplights and pull into the oncoming traffic lane like the Tesla one used to do.

FSD is QUITE a step up from the free AP, and you can recoup some of that cost if you re-sell via private party when you are ready for your next car so it's not total wasted money by any examination.

I am enjoying the AP 1.0 on my new2me '16 MX as a nice middle point between free AP and FSD, as this old Tesla has real rain and high beam sensors and doesn't suffer all the traditional issues with the Tesla version of AP (phantom braking, etc...), although it's quick to run stoplights and pull into the oncoming traffic lane like the Tesla one used to do.
Level 2, always will be. Just drive your car and save your money.

Reactions: kabin
Now it will compete on the towing capability. Imagine pulling your Ford into the one 50kW charger on your route with your 131kWh batt you just drained towing your Airstream, compared to the Tesla with a high speed charger every few miles down the highway (even in Montana) that's going to be painful. Especially if it's out of order, can't believe how many of them are just ignored after installation.

Mind of a moot point since Tesla is supposed to open their supercharger network to Ford soon.
I think opening up the Tesla Supercharging network in 2024 with adapters and 2025 with built-in ports will be a massive boost to non-Tesla brands.

However, keep in mind it is only for v3 and above Tesla Superchargers. Below is a map I GIF'd to show v2 and below Tesla Superchargers vs all versions.

v2 vs v3 ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

For me, the car driving for me is valuable. It may not be for you.
Yup. Probably an age thing. When I was young, making an 18 hour drive was no big deal (did it regularly before my first 25th birthday). Now that I've past my second 25th birthday, too often I am making those last few miles on much shorter drives shaking my head trying to stay awake. I know I should just pull over and take a nap in an ideal world but the reality is few people do and just push through. I will not buy a vehicle without at least an EAP/FBC equivalent.

Reactions: JohnB007

Who’s going to pay you even half what you paid for FSD in the private market?

Especially if you are competing with cars on Tesla.com

Id say full PPF or car wrap, wheels/tires would net you more money than FSD

Reactions: Cheburashka
Yup. Probably an age thing. When I was young, making an 18 hour drive was no big deal (did it regularly before my first 25th birthday). Now that I've past my second 25th birthday, too often I am making those last few miles on much shorter drives shaking my head trying to stay awake. I know I should just pull over and take a nap in an ideal world but the reality is few people do and just push through. I will not buy a vehicle without at least an EAP/FBC equivalent.
Great. Just remember the Bug Fraud is Level 2. And always will be