Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many of you will/may transition to CyberTruck?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes and it will come off just as easily, that’s my point.

A dented truck usually stays a dented truck because it’s not a big deal. You can leave it or get it repaired easily.

Have you ever seen a SS fridge dented? It’s not pretty.

Knowing the limited numbers I’d be stressed out making sure it stays pristine.

I gotta say, I have a Ford truck now and the paint is pretty good too. The other thing is that standard dent/scratch removal products work on it which is always a plus.

Reactions: HitchHiker71
Truck prices are still insane. Used truck prices are through the roof.

I think for me, like a lot of people, it depends on the price. I don't care about range much, and I can live with the ugly exterior and dysfunctional bed if the price is right and it performs on par with a half-ton truck.
Truck margins are what allow the Big 3 automakers to stay afloat.

Actually now considering a lightning to replace my very aged truck that I don’t use. First option is replacing our 2017 s with a new s.

Figure I’d use an electric truck.

Are they offering deals on lightning now days?
They just dropped the price on all trims at the end of October. The XLT starts at 49k and the Platinum at 91k

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne and brkaus
That's true at first, yes, but for this to be a real player and not S/X level production, the range and price matter.

If it's >350 miles of range, but under 70k...it will sell fine, IMO.

I agree but I think it needs to be 250 miles or range and 60K.

Truck margins are what allow the Big 3 automakers to stay afloat.

Yeah. Truck prices are just wild. I remember when I was in college my buddy got a deal on a new Ford Ranger and it was $12K. Brand new.

These days that truck starts at $33K for the base model. Seems like such a rip off. It's what's holding the used truck prices so high too.

These days that truck starts at $33K for the base model. Seems like such a rip off. It's what's holding the used truck prices so high too.
If it ain't a RAM, Ford or GMC, then it ain't a truck. Truck buyers have high brand loyalty. This reduces the amount of competition and hence maintains the MSRP.

Last edited:
Actually now considering a lightning to replace my very aged truck that I don’t use. First option is replacing our 2017 s with a new s.

Figure I’d use an electric truck.

Are they offering deals on lightning now days?
Ford is currently offering a $7500 manufacturers rebate on most F150L models between now and year end. That’s on top of any dealer discounts and the federal $7500 EV tax credit if the vehicle MSRP (not including delivery fees) is under 80k. This means you can find 2023 Lariat ER models with the 511 high package for under 70k plus TTL if the dealer is willing to deal on price. Add in the $7500 tax rebate and you are down into the low 60s net price. Not bad really. I am waiting for the 11/30 CT pricing and final specs and will then make my decision as to how to proceed.

• Informative
Reactions: cusetownusa
Fake news.
People will buy the CT simply because it's a Tesla.

Tell that to Tesla that has been forced to lower prices on ALL of its vehicles to push them out the door!

1700677646773.png

Tell that to Tesla that has been forced to lower prices on ALL of its vehicles to push them out the door!

View attachment 993019
There will be initial very strong CT demand and high prices. Take note of the first CT that sold at auction for over 400k. Once they start pumping them out to match demand, they will lower prices.

Also Tesla raising prices in China and Europe. Albeit not by much but still raising them.

It’s a balancing act between demand and production. Tesla has the benefit (along with other direct sales companies) to quickly adjust to market conditions. Interest rates are playing a big role too.

Last edited:
There will be initial very strong CT demand and high prices. Take note of the first CT that sold at auction for over 400k. Once they start pumping them out to match demand, they will lower prices.

Also Tesla raising prices in China in Europe. Albeit not by much but still raising them.

It’s a balancing act between demand and production. Tesla has the benefit (along with other direct sales companies) to quickly adjust to market conditions.
I said before that I bet that the CT will start off expensive and then after 18 or whatever months when "profitability" is achieved, it will drop like the refresh S/X.

Reactions: TessP100D
I said before that I bet that the CT will start off expensive and then after 18 or whatever months when "profitability" is achieved, it will drop like the refresh S/X.
Most likely.

But I don’t think they will drop it once “profitable”. They will drop it once demand and production reaches equilibrium and adjust accordingly. If interest rates drop, I suspect demand will increase for all vehicles and all vehicles may go up in price if production cannot keep up. Tesla can play the supply/demand/price curve very closely.

Last edited:
An EPA of 250 would be like 180 real world miles, which would be <90 miles if towing...I don't think that would have the take rate, even with the pricing.

Who cares? Most people don't ever tow anything, and people who tow a lot buy diesels.

Ford is currently offering a $7500 manufacturers rebate on most F150L models between now and year end. That’s on top of any dealer discounts and the federal $7500 EV tax credit if the vehicle MSRP (not including delivery fees) is under 80k. This means you can find 2023 Lariat ER models with the 511 high package for under 70k plus TTL if the dealer is willing to deal on price. Add in the $7500 tax rebate and you are down into the low 60s net price. Not bad really. I am waiting for the 11/30 CT pricing and final specs and will then make my decision as to how to proceed.

Interesting. Are you saying they are giving a $7500 rebate on top of the negotiated price with the dealer? That is kind of a tempting proposition.

Who cares? Most people don't ever tow anything, and people who tow a lot buy diesels.

Interesting. Are you saying they are giving a $7500 rebate on top of the negotiated price with the dealer? That is kind of a tempting proposition.
Yes - it's a Ford manufacturers rebate - nothing to do with the dealer discount itself. If you can find a F150L that you like and a dealer willing to negotiate on price - I've seen several F150L Lariat ERs with 81k MSRP (minus the $1995 destination/delivery fee - so it's still under the 80k federal price cap), down in the high 60's online - with dealer discounts of up to $6600 - that's in addition to the $7500 Ford rebate. So around 66-67k plus TTL. Add in the $7500 federal tax credit - and you're down to around 60k. Tempting eh? :cool: With end of year 2023 upcoming - some dealers are likely willing to negotiate to move units off their lots.

1700683118028.png

Last edited:
Reactions: brkaus and SO16
So 80k max msrp & must make under $300k if married?
300k AGI yes - adjusted gross income - IIRC it's line 11 on the 1040. Ford adds their destination/delivery fee to their MSRP on their window stickers - so make sure to subtract this. Technically the limit for a 2023 F150L would be $81,995 since the Ford destination/delivery fee for 2023 is $1995.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Cheburashka