Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many of you will/may transition to CyberTruck?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Use what? FSD? Hahahahah. Still only Level 2. You aren’t using FSD.
HAHAHA ... unlike you I know the difference between a marketing term and its real meaning ;)

The basic issue is - FSD has a (very) long and steep learning curve. If you don't get over that - you won't use it.

There is also the possibility that S/X behave worse than 3/Y - and some traffic scenarios (like my suburban drives) or easier than others.

Reactions: jebinc
HAHAHA ... unlike you I know the difference between a marketing term and its real meaning ;)

The basic issue is - FSD has a (very) long and steep learning curve. If you don't get over that - you won't use it.

There is also the possibility that S/X behave worse than 3/Y - and some traffic scenarios (like my suburban drives) or easier than others.
They called it Full Self Driving for a reason. Crazy Elon thinks cars will drive them selves and is selling that pipe dream now, and is tricking people to spend their hard earned money now, as it will appear on their car software any day now. What a joke.

if he was honest he would have called it drivers assist or crusade control. Even then it’s not very good. On top of that, he has been removing safety features in the current cars because his delusions.

They called it Full Self Driving for a reason.
Marketing reason ... companies call their products all kinds of stuff - like "honest" or some channels claim to be "news" channels. Can't go by that.

Anyway - as I said - I use it 95% of the time. Its been really helpful and allows me to relax and enjoy the drive. If you don't like it - don't use it. But don't start your own propaganda that its useless for everyone.

Good advice. If I may add, one could easily subscribe at $200/month for a lot longer than 5 years because you are not required to subscribe continuously. You could get it for only the months you think you might need it, thereby stretching the same $12,000 over a period longer than 60 months. Furthermore, the $12K purchase with the car makes even less sense if you're paying cash, or even if you're financing at today's interest rates.

Not to cloud anyone's judgement with my experience, but I subscribed it for a couple of months, swore I would never want it in my car, tried it again a few months later, and found it still not worth it to me in its current state. I may change my mind if the changes over time actually improve it, but if that is more than 5 years from now (there is only so much kludgy software can do if the car doesn't have any useful sensors), then the FSD would have cost me less than $1000 over 5 years.

To bring it back to the CT topic, I have never driven such a big truck so I truly hope that FSD begins to work sooner than 5 years -- fingers crossed !
Yes exactly - this is what we do today. We enable FSD only when we have major roadtrip travel plans - otherwise we let it expire. The next time I anticipate doing so is next May/June when we've got a major 8+ hour each way roadtrip planned over a period of two weeks. Otherwise we make due with AP/AS.

Reactions: aerodyne and jebinc
They called it Full Self Driving for a reason. Crazy Elon thinks cars will drive them selves and is selling that pipe dream now, and is tricking people to spend their hard earned money now, as it will appear on their car software any day now. What a joke.

if he was honest he would have called it drivers assist or crusade control. Even then it’s not very good. On top of that, he has been removing safety features in the current cars because his delusions.

Why are we still talking about the name of "it" instead of what it does?

Let's get into that.

I have TONS of experience (over 150k miles) using "IT".

I asked in another thread for - anyone to give me a compatible platform that I could go use that compares to "IT" in function. Both local and expressway driving. I will go and try it. I need for anyone's suggestion to do at least 5 of the things below.

Drives locally on non-expressway streets.
Slows down when noticing emergency vehicle lights.
Takes exit and entrance ramps on its own.
Stops at all of the stop signs and red lights I have encountered.
Changes lanes to get ready to exit.
Slows down or speeds up while reading speed limit signs.
Goes around cars blocking its way.
Navigates round-a-bouts on its own.
Accurately makes left hand turns on 3 lane local busy streets. <---HUGE
Reads the color of the stop lights / stops and goes when the red and green lights change
Slows/stops for people crossing the street when its first to the light.
Shows motorcycle drivers on the screen...that's really cool.
Parks itself in my garage and out when I'm not even in the car.
Comes to me at the front door at Home Depot.
Turns on its turn signals and backup lights when necessary. So cool.
etc.

Crickets...

Last edited:

Let's get into that.

I asked in another thread for - anyone to give me a compatible platform that I could go use that compares to "IT" in function. Both local and expressway driving. I will go and try it. I need for anyone's suggestion to do at least 5 of the things below.

Reads the color of the stop lights / stops and goes when the red and green lights change
etc.

Crickets...
I would say that all other L2 systems are far superior (for what similar to “IT” functions they offer) - in terms of predictability, repeatability, dependability and reliability of (sh) “IT”. And, some of those many years old L2 systems offer additional safety features that the (sh) “IT” does not offer, such as, “Rear Cross Traffic Alerting”. There, I said it...

Last edited:
I would say that all other L2 systems are far superior (for what similar to “IT” functions they offer) - in terms of predictability, repeatability, dependability and reliability of (sh) “IT”. And, some of those many years old L2 systems offer additional safety features that (sh) “IT” does not offer, such as “Rear Cross Traffic Alerting”. There, I said it.

What's the name of the system? I'm really going to rent and compare.

It really needs to be a system that drives local streets for comparison.

Let's get into that.

Drives locally on non-expressway streets. as BETA version and you need to have hands on the wheel at all times
Slows down when noticing emergency vehicle lights. lol. or slams into emergency vehicles parked on the side of the road... see lawsuits / deaths

Slows down or speeds up while reading speed limit signs. reading traffic signs and adjusting speed is common among many OEMs. even VW system does that reliably
etc.

Crickets...

• Funny
a system which is BETA - explicitly only BETA - and hands on the wheel, eyes on the road *at all times* and if something happens it's 100% on you ? that's like watching a 15 yr old taking driving lessons....

I simply need the name of another system to compare with.

I don't care if it's beta - eyes on the road - eyes off the road - whatever.

My Model 3 drove me from my driveway to the Tesla Service Center in Naperville Il the other day (32 miles one way) with NO interventions. I went to see the cybertruck

I want another system that will do the same thing with no interventions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yelobird

Let's get into that.

etc.

Crickets...
You’re out there dude. Fanboy heaven. Congratulations

• Disagree
Reactions: henderrj
What's the name of the system? I'm really going to rent and compare.

It really needs to be a system that drives local streets for comparison.
Please reread my post - The comparison is a, "like for like" feature comparison, not what one system offers that another does not. For example, "lane keep assist, TACC", etc. Not, "well, the (sh) 'IT' offers the completely unreliable/predictable FSD beta (aka "junk") for "city streets" white knuckle driving, so therefore it's better...." 😋

So, if you really want to try a "like for like," and are not just (sh) 'IT" disturbing (with your posts), try out a newer Subaru "Eyesight" equipped car..... Oh wait, Subarus are not "fleet rentals", so you will need to find a friend.
@AlanSubie4Life

Last edited:
Reactions: texas_star_TM3
Please reread my post - The comparison is a, "like for like" feature comparison, not what one system offers that another does not. For example, "lane keep assist, TACC", etc. Not, "well, the (sh) 'IT' offers the completely unreliable/predictable FSD beta (aka "junk") for "city streets" white knuckle driving, so therefore it's better...." 😋

So, if you really want to try a "like for like," and are not just (sh) 'IT" disturbing (with your posts), try out a newer Subaru "Eyesight" equipped car..... Oh wait, Subarus are not "fleet rentals", you you will need to find a friend.
@AlanSubie4Life

Ok. I will find a subaru. No problem. Thats all I asked for.

I'm going to see if it can get me from my driveway to the Tesla Service Center in Naperville with no interventions.

Oh no....we aren't going to change the subject. People here LOVE doing that.

This is about my M3P driving me 32 miles with no intervention.

Any suggestions on the name of another system? So far - I have Subaru's system to try.
They are not going to give it to you. It's not out there. Don't worry about it. When you see from "CA" or "Seattle" it's just Elon hate. Move on.

[1] Slows down when noticing emergency vehicle lights.
[2]lows down or speeds up while reading speed limit signs.
I have just as much experience ...

#1 - I've never experienced it doing 1 and even in the past week when I've had two examples of ambulances.

#2 is brutally bad. It almost 'randomly' changes speeds based on nearby roads (crossing over/by). I've had it change back to the wrong speed limit within 20 yards/meters of it just passing a speedlimit sign based on road segment (GPS?) data or some. AP speed limit was decent. FSDbeta is **awful**. There are 100s of complaints about this one.