Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many people are taking delivery of their Model X in March?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up our regular Model X yesterday from the factory. All went smoothly. I think they have it down to a science. Took about an hour since we asked a lot of questions and went over every detail of the car and menus.

My guess is that they processed about 20 Model X's for delivery yesterday at the factory. They do it in a big tent and can probably do 40 to 50 easily a day. I suspect that they are really getting ready to ramp up the production and delivery process from everything I saw on sight and during the tour.

I have a tentative delivery schedules for late Wednesday so told them I would like to take delivery in the building due to weather.

All set for Monday delivery of my 90D at the factory.
A question for the experienced folks here. I did not chose Auto-Pilot at the time of submitting the order. I called my DS to tell him that I would like to enable it before my car is delivered but i was told that it is not possible anymore an that I need to pay $3K to enable it post-delivery at a SC. I thought it was just a software enabled feature that they could still do before delivery. Any insights?

Well, two ways to look at it. $2500 + $500 change fee for making a change after confirmation = $3000, or $3000 to enable it using the Tesla shop on the web site and a day or two later its enabled over the air. It *is* just a software feature, but the cost of the change will be the same either way you do it.

Reactions: Ampster and sukhi
Was at Tesla Burbank on Monday. There were a lot of Model S's and a few Model X's being prepped for delivery. Took a pic of two 90D X's parked in front of building, before a service tech (I think) came running out telling me not to take pics as those are customer cars (huh????).

Attachments

• IMG_3016.JPG
    IMG_3016.JPG
    332 KB · Views: 154
Thanks for the tip on the brakes! My wife asked me this morning how long the brakes would squeal, I said it could be a while because the brakes are used so very little. I find that I've largely adapted to single pedal driving, I really like it! I'll bite the bullet and go low regen for a couple runs.

+1 on the brake squeal. Since they are hardly ever used (regen) they oxidize like any other disc brake. A short term fix is to do a hard stop as @ohmman said, but this is something we're just going to have to live with. Regen is amazing, I hardly ever step on the brake pedal except for that final 1/2mph for a full stop.

Took delivery of my P90D this morning, vin in the 830s at the Culver City service center in Southern CA. While I was there, there were two carrier trucks, each w/ 6 Model Xs of multiple colors and wheel choices. One was clearly a signature as it was Sig Red. The ramp up is real, and seems to not just be about quarter close--all of these vehicles likely won't make it out for final delivery by month's end. My vehicle was at the SC for about week and change, part of that being my availability to pick it up being an issue.

Also notable was that while I was there to take delivery, 3 other families/couples were there to get their Xs as well. The guy who walked me through my vehicle mentioned they had roughly 10 going out today.

• Informative
Reactions: SBenson
Just heard from DS in regards to my Monday delivery. According to him, my Model X delivery for Monday needs to be postponed because supposedly they did not realize that Sunday is Easter so they cannot get enough staff to get my car ready fro Monday. Very disappointed with the scheduling experience as this is the 3rd change. It is really tough for my to adjust my calendar around these changes.
Anyways, just FYI in case anyone else hears the same story.

Reactions: Dr ValueSeeker
Just heard from DS in regards to my Monday delivery. According to him, my Model X delivery for Monday needs to be postponed because supposedly they did not realize that Sunday is Easter so they cannot get enough staff to get my car ready fro Monday. Very disappointed with the scheduling experience as this is the 3rd change. It is really tough for my to adjust my calendar around these changes.
Anyways, just FYI in case anyone else hears the same story.
Well, Easter may take precedence for some folks over prepping a Model X for delivery. Sometimes you just have to roll with it.

Once you miss the boat for this quarter, your order is no longer "urgent" for Tesla. It can now be fulfilled anytime till the end of next quarter.
I refute this as I have a personal delivery which I postponed after the end of quarter. They are still quite interested in delivering the vehicle to me on my schedule.

Your pot stirring around here is a bit transparent. I'm interested in hearing what sort of positive things you have to say about Tesla - or what exactly brings you to a Tesla enthusiast forum. If I don't like something, the last place I visit is a place where everyone else likes that thing. Reading your posts confuses me - it looks like you have an agenda, but I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. So let us know why you're here so we can properly understand your context and respond accordingly.

Dr value seeker is clearly shorting TSLA stock if you read his seeking alpha articles. He has an agenda, so what constructive advice can he possibly be giving on the model x forum to people who bought Tesla cars, when he clearly wants the company to fail.