Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many people are taking delivery of their Model X in March?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here you go...more photos of my Metallic Silver P90DL with white leather interior

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    377.5 KB · Views: 114
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    387.1 KB · Views: 105
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    386.6 KB · Views: 100
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    316.3 KB · Views: 101
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    399.7 KB · Views: 96
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    493.5 KB · Views: 103
Nice. Any special insights you want to share about the differences especially 6 vs 7 seat version? I know many come to this forum to figure out that particular choice.
I must admit that I had many sleepless nights myself trying to decide whether to buy the 6-seat or the 7-seat configuration. Unfortunately being an early adopter and buying the car essentially sight unseen, I knew that whatever decision I made it would be a "best guess" based on the few available photos as well as thoughs from others. My wife wanted a 7-seater to replace her Toyota Sienna minivan (we have 3 kids) and I wanted a more spacious interior so I was more interested in the 6-seat version. The debate at home raged on so I did the only thing any rationale husband could do - I bought one of each type! I'm in the process of shooting and editing a video outlining my personal thoughts and experiences. SPOILER ALERT - buy the 6-seat version unless you really, really, really need 7-seats. Visibility thru the rear view mirror is better, the car feels more spacious, the back seats don't feel as claustrophobic and it is possible for medium sized adults to use the 2 back seats. As a South African-American like Elon Musk I also followed his advice and went with the white seats for my 6-seater. I have only had the car a short while but so far I'm delighted!!!

Reactions: mikevbf
My wife wanted a 7-seater to replace her Toyota Sienna minivan (we have 3 kids) and I wanted a more spacious interior so I was more interested in the 6-seat version. The debate at home raged on so I did the only thing any rationale husband could do - I bought one of each type!

Hilarious! I look forward to the video. Oh, and would you post in this thread if your X's have had almost no issues:
How many people got a "problem-free" Model X?

Hello All,
I took delivery of my modelX mid last week and am trying to figure out how many others have double vision issues with lights at night- this includes traffic lights, street lights, brake lights, head lights and lighted traffic advisory boards. Every light has a smaller twin and it disappears when it get closer to 30 ft or so. I have been given a run around so far (didn't expect that from Tesla ) but cannot get to the bottom of it. Have provided pictures as well. When I asked for a replacement windsheild, it sounded like it was not an option! So just checking to see if Tesla has a bigger problem on their plate (in which case there would be more owners with windsheild issues- not just 2-3). Please do share your experience. I assume nobody has this issue otherwise, we would have heard about it, right?

Thanks, Farzi

I took delivery of my modelX mid last week and am trying to figure out how many others have double vision issues with lights at night
I read one other report somewhere in this forum about this issue. I haven't driven at night so I can't speak to the ghosting issues you're having. Daytime visibility has been excellent. I'll try to take a drive sometime soon at night and report back.

Thank you, that is where I have been actively posting. So far there are not that many of us (thankfully, otherwise this may end up being a prolonged battle with Tesla) but it is interesting to heat that other owners are noticing and adjusting to the daytime glare. I am one of them and it does not bother me as much either. I just uploaded a picture to the other forum about night time double vision and upon looking closer, I actually saw the triple vision effect as well as double vision effect. I worry that I am training myself to ignore these lights and their blinding effects and at some point, this may turn into a serious accident.

Was supposed to take delivery tomorrow VIN - 0028xx - got an email saying

"your Model X will not be ready for delivery tomorrow. Due to owner feedback, a service bulletin was released to address some of the common issues owners were experiencing after taking delivery.
We have parts on order to address these issues but I was informed they won’t arrive in time to prepare you Model X for delivery.
I apologize for any inconvenience this causes and I will be sure to reach out as soon as I have more information from our team"

Did others who had deliveries scheduled this week also face this? No indication as to when they will deliver either. I fully paid for my Model X and now delays without any estimate of when !! Not happy.

Reactions: mikevbf
Thank you, that is where I have been actively posting. So far there are not that many of us (thankfully, otherwise this may end up being a prolonged battle with Tesla) but it is interesting to heat that other owners are noticing and adjusting to the daytime glare. I am one of them and it does not bother me as much either. I just uploaded a picture to the other forum about night time double vision and upon looking closer, I actually saw the triple vision effect as well as double vision effect. I worry that I am training myself to ignore these lights and their blinding effects and at some point, this may turn into a serious accident.
Sorry to hear about this.
This would be really unfortunate for me as my work schedule has me driving exclusively at nights.
Would hate these artifacts on lights if it were not caught and corrected by Tesla. I understand the problem however is not unique to the X. Many 2016 S owners seem to be reporting similar ghosting through their windshield as well.

That's a bummer. Good to know they atleast have the parts and at this points, it's only labor to fix those issues. I also paid for my X last Monday anticipating a Wednesday delivery and the only thing I now know is 'April'

Sorry to hear about this. Just as a heads up to others reading - this is why I strongly recommend a personal check at delivery. I didn't hand mine over until after I'd inspected and accepted the vehicle. From what others have said, they convert the check to an ACH and pull funds at the end of the day, so it should be just as straightforward from a credit situation as paying ahead of time.

Reactions: umeshunni
Sorry to hear about this. Just as a heads up to others reading - this is why I strongly recommend a personal check at delivery. I didn't hand mine over until after I'd inspected and accepted the vehicle. From what others have said, they convert the check to an ACH and pull funds at the end of the day, so it should be just as straightforward from a credit situation as paying ahead of time.

If I finance, do I have to pay before? Or can I just apply prior to delivery and bring a check to the store for my down payment?

Was supposed to take delivery tomorrow VIN - 0028xx - got an email saying

"your Model X will not be ready for delivery tomorrow. Due to owner feedback, a service bulletin was released to address some of the common issues owners were experiencing after taking delivery.
We have parts on order to address these issues but I was informed they won’t arrive in time to prepare you Model X for delivery.
I apologize for any inconvenience this causes and I will be sure to reach out as soon as I have more information from our team"

Did others who had deliveries scheduled this week also face this? No indication as to when they will deliver either. I fully paid for my Model X and now delays without any estimate of when !! Not happy.

Although not very specific, this sounds good. After rushing to get a bunch out at the end of the quarter and getting feedback, they are taking the feedback and delivering you and eventually the wider us who have not got delivery a better vehicle. I really do hope you get a near faultless car after this process. Welcome to TMC and please give feedback after delivery.