Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many Teslas you see a day?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wondering, anyone feeling like Teslas are becoming way more common to see than other cars in its same price range? There was one time I stood at a traffic light with 2 other Model 3, so there were 3 Model 3 vehicles at the same time, and I kinda remember one of them waved. Before, Honda Civics were very common cars to see, but now I think I remember more Model 3s than Honda Civics I see.

And every commute from work to home, I think I will see 3-5 Model 3 along a 15-20 minute route that includes local & freeway. Or maybe like every 5 minutes I will eventually see another Model 3.

To think this company does no marketing and is much younger than many old car companies that have been around 50-100 years. I think in 2007, it was just roadster and it was only for someone who could afford a dream car and willing to believe in a new technology that wasn't really accepted yet.

I looked online and internet sources say Tesla makes 1000 vehicles a day. But I'm also wondering how many cars were made per day when you take account the first stages of designing the car, like the steps before they could actually produce a final version for consumers.

I think it depends where you are. I was out in Seattle last year it was very noticeable how many Teslas (and other EVs) I saw on the road. Here on the east coast, I see them pretty frequently but it is still not a common sight. When I brought my Model 3 into work, no one knew much about Teslas or had ever been up close to one before (but now there's definitely a few people contemplating a Model Y). When I see other owners with their cars, I typically strike up a conversation. The last two folks I talked to hadn't had theirs for a month (one X, one 3), so they are definitely increasing in popularity. Now if you go outside a major metro area, they become increasingly hard to find. My friends in Vermont get very excited when they spot one, they're quite rare up there.

This is going to be a location specific question.

First Tesla I ever saw was 2.5 years ago 300miles from home and it immediately caught my eye, sped up to get a picture.

A year later I bought a 3yo P85. The day before that i had my first local sighting. Since then I have been seeing more and more, co-worker bought a 3. I see a couple other Tesla per week, and given that I live in a semi-rural area south of Green Bay and have a short commute this is a lot.

In Tucson AZ, they are becoming quite popular, I usually see 2-5 per day, Last Sunday, we pulled up to a stop light and there were 3 of us at the same light, first time I've seen that. They were all Blue- One S, One 3 and One X. My wife commented we had Blue S3X at that light, we got a good chuckle out of that

Come to the Netherlands, you'll see them everywhere. I think I see about 10 daily.

Just took a look out to the parking here. I see at least 5 Model S parked outside. Model 3 is becoming a normal sight very quickly.

Reactions: focher
Some days none (I'm not counting weekends), some days 5 or so. So far, today, two. A model S, and a Model 3 that is outside my office say 2-3 days/week. Neighbor across the street owns one, BUT usually kept elsewhere, and someone on the next block up owns an X.

Here in Denmark I see about 1 each day on my 40 mile round-trip. Haven't seen another Model 3 in the wild besides those at the store and my dads Tesla model 3.
With about 500 Model 3's and 2500 Model S/X in the country it seems about right. A lot more model 3's are arriving these days! :D