Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many will look into the F-150 Lightning?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screw Ford.

This thing is completely unobtainium in the lower trims.

I went to try to buy a Ford Maverick yesterday because I need a new truck and the stealership said it's a 1.5 year wait for a mid range model. Walked out the door..

This company is great at announcing cool things that people want but apparently really bad at actually selling them.

I would really like to buy a pickup in the near future. My first choice was the Ford Lightning. My second choice was the Maverick. I have been calling around the local dealerships here and both of these are hard to find.

The biggest problem I see with Ford is they way underestimated the demand for these products.

I would really like to buy a pickup in the near future. My first choice was the Ford Lightning. My second choice was the Maverick. I have been calling around the local dealerships here and both of these are hard to find.

The biggest problem I see with Ford is they way underestimated the demand for these products.

Same here... Forget about it unless you want to buy a fully loaded model at above MSRP.

Feels weird posting this on a Tesla forum, but here are some pics of my Lightning after owning it for a few days. And FYI, my Model 3 is in the garage, resting. :)

3FCA9790-2D2D-44AF-B3E4-8468E20E599D.jpeg

Attachments

• 1B5BADBD-F62A-45E3-BD22-C24A225A7545.jpeg
    1B5BADBD-F62A-45E3-BD22-C24A225A7545.jpeg
    555.8 KB · Views: 61
  • 341416AB-70E4-4D29-9847-5D456C98EDB7.jpeg
    341416AB-70E4-4D29-9847-5D456C98EDB7.jpeg
    415.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 8BAA5259-8002-4539-B181-89A34EA95AB1.jpeg
    8BAA5259-8002-4539-B181-89A34EA95AB1.jpeg
    519.7 KB · Views: 62
  • AB6E8C56-2FE3-489B-AEFE-9A3F5865D479.jpeg
    AB6E8C56-2FE3-489B-AEFE-9A3F5865D479.jpeg
    756.1 KB · Views: 71
Feels weird posting this on a Tesla forum, but here are some pics of my Lightning
Don't feel weird. I, for one, appreciate your sharing. I'm into EVs. Until recently, Tesla was just the only serious EV option so its forums are really the only serious EV forums. The rest are too full of too many preaching that its our fault and that we should dumb down our lives so that a Leaf, or other compliance car meets our needs.

Reactions: Suns_PSD and El joe
Don't feel weird. I, for one, appreciate your sharing. I'm into EVs. Until recently, Tesla was just the only serious EV option so its forums are really the only serious EV forums. The rest are too full of too many preaching that its our fault and that we should dumb down our lives so that a Leaf, or other compliance car meets our needs.
I feel the same way. I love my Tesla and though I’ll probably sell this one (can’t afford two car payments), I’ll probably come back thanks to my Cybertruck reservations. But like you, I love all seeing, reading about and watching videos on all EVs from the Ioniq 5, ID.4, R1T and everything else.

Screw Ford.

This thing is completely unobtainium in the lower trims.

I went to try to buy a Ford Maverick yesterday because I need a new truck and the stealership said it's a 1.5 year wait for a mid range model. Walked out the door..

This company is great at announcing cool things that people want but apparently really bad at actually selling them.

Actually they are great at selling them, but lacking at getting production to match current demand.

I wish Ford just offered a way to order their vehicles online so you could lock in your price and build slot. Also they should have dealers from all over the nation bid on being the delivering dealership based on price. Put the price jackers completely out of business.

Actually they are great at selling them, but lacking at getting production to match current demand.

I wish Ford just offered a way to order their vehicles online so you could lock in your price and build slot. Also they should have dealers from all over the nation bid on being the delivering dealership based on price. Put the price jackers completely out of business.

Actually they just did. You can now checkout online with all financing done. All you have to do now is pick up at the dealer.