Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How much charge will my Tesla lose per week untouched?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks everyone, maybe i'll break all records for the longest parking time...36 days, in this cold Chicago weather.
Traveling out of country, i'll be leaving my MX Long Range in a covered garage. I'll make sure Sentry & Standby are off. Won't check the app more than avg 2/week.
Any other suggestion is welcome.
Will update you on Jan 15 when i'm back.

My car (S) uses a lot sitting because I have it to be always connected and the dash camera is running 24/7. I also have Teslafi collect data all the time so it never goes to sleep. I lose about 7-9 miles a day. When I turn on energy saving mode, disconnect the camera and stop pulling data, I can get it down to about 2 miles a day.

I have a long range X, build date 09/19/19, and for the first time left it parked for a period of 9 days. Looks like it went from range of 275 to 160 miles in that period of time, or about 13 miles per day. I did nothing to prep it for the extended parking, but it looks like I will need to learn the tricks mentioned in this thread, or find a location where it can be plugged in. I know Sentry was on, because it seems logical to me if I am away from the car for an extended period, I would want it turned on! I do not have FSD so no issue of Summon being on. I did check the range about once a day via the Tesla app, and I also have TeslaFi. As mentioned by others it seems like there should be a "long term park" setting. The temperature during the 9 days was about 70 degrees F. Just another learning experience form my first EV!