TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

How much does it cost to wrap a car in vinyl?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by zackmilo, May 17, 2017.

1. zackmilo

zackmilo Chrome Delete and lowering champion

Hey everybody,
    I was considering model x in vinyl. Maybe satin army green or satin black and lowering it with Unplugged Performances lowering kit. Does anybody know how much it costs. If you had yours wrapped could you post pictures?
    Thanks
    Zack

2. Tsportline

Tsportline Vendor

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  3. kash

kash Member

I think It really depends on quality of installer and location

4. MichaelATX

MichaelATX Member

It cost me 4200 including the door jams and blacking out most of the chrome. This was in Austin, Texas. I'm sure the price varies widely.

5. lichto2

lichto2 New Member

Does anyone have a recommendation for a supplier/installer for 3M or Avery Dennison clear vehicle wrap to protect paint against paint chips for a Model S in the Chicago/Northern Suburbs? I'd like to do a clear wrap of the complete hood, front bumper, edges of the doors, rocker panels, and rear bumper and an idea of the price?

6. croman

croman Active Member

Contact Chicago Auto Pros. Their location in Glenview did a great job on my S.

Cost 2k for XPEL full front. Add a bit more for rear bumper. I got coating applied to whole car and it's shiny and easier to keep looking great.

7. kash

kash Member

8. AlfredoA

AlfredoA Member

How much does it cost for a chrome delete on a 2015 MS? Satin/Matte black is the color of choice. I am Local and would take the car to you.

9. Tsportline

Tsportline Vendor

Please call us at 866-991-4776 or email us at [email protected] for pricing details.

10. Yinn

Yinn Member

Its pricey, I got a number of quotes and they were $4500-$6000.

11. BaileyDog12

BaileyDog12 Member

try best image solutions in garden grove

12. 0utdoor_funguy

0utdoor_funguy New Member

Ask help from the veteran installers, why not visit Gatorwraps and request for a quote. I believe they have installers for a vinyl wrap in all major cities.

13. Maximus-MX

Maximus-MX Member

American Auto Enhancement (in Littleton, CO) is doing my wrapping now. I chose Avery diamond red (needed color change from black to red). Price for the wrap is about $1.7K (no door hinges and hidden areas). Plus powder coating all wheels with similar color is $600 and tinting the front windows is $100. Total = $2.4K. The wrap comes with 7 year warranty. Hopefully, they will do a good job. I was recommended by someone at the Tesla service center.

• Like x 2
  14. nostik

nostik Member

Where did you get it done in Austin?

15. SharkDoc

SharkDoc Member

Got some pictures, I see the one in your avatar, curious how the finished product looks. Found a similar price and was wondering about the quality.

16. Maximus-MX

Maximus-MX Member

I would give the quality 9/10. If you look hard you will find something - like a cut not being straight some places. But you gotta look for it. Normally, people think it's a paint. The color choice matters of course. I'm extremely happy with the color I chose. I get compliments from strangers on how beautiful my car "paint" is, specially in sunlight. I also painted my garage to match the color of the car .

I didn't do door jams because the original color is black which disappears into the background. You wouldn't notice it. If the original color was white or blue, I would have done the door jams too.

I hear that red attracts attention (like the traffic police). But Tesla attracts attention in any color anyway. Go for the one you like regardless.