Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How on Earth do you clear 'suggested' in Navigation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a recent addition to the navigation and it's tied to the profile. How do you hide or delete it? It's totally useless to me and I don't want my kid knowing my fav hangouts and she doesn't want me knowing hers when she drives.

Surely there is a way to remove permission to track and display this info. The usual slide to the right does not allow suggested to be deleted.

This is a recent addition to the navigation and it's tied to the profile. How do you hide or delete it? It's totally useless to me and I don't want my kid knowing my fav hangouts and she doesn't want me knowing hers when she drives.

You maybe describing "Automatic Navigation" feature where the Nav attempts to guess where you should be going (work in the morning, home in the afternoon) and auto-populates the rout to the presumed desired destination.

I found it highly error prone and mostly useless, and have disabled it in my car.

Surely there is a way to remove permission to track and display this info. The usual slide to the right does not allow suggested to be deleted.

There is another feature that exposes navigation history when you tap on the "search" box in the Nav screen.
There may, or may not, be a way to clear it. I haven't bothered to look. But even if there is, it would be extremely annoying and impractical to manually do that after every drive.

With a Tesla vehicle, there is no privacy.
If you share a car with others, they will know where you are at any point in time, and where you may have navigated to recently.

If that's a concern within your family, you should either stop sharing the car, or get another brand.

• Disagree
Reactions: 4SUPER9
You maybe describing "Automatic Navigation" feature where the Nav attempts to guess where you should be going (work in the morning, home in the afternoon) and auto-populates the rout to the presumed desired destination.

I found it highly error prone and mostly useless, and have disabled it in my car.

There is another feature that exposes navigation history when you tap on the "search" box in the Nav screen.
There may, or may not, be a way to clear it. I haven't bothered to look. But even if there is, it would be extremely annoying and impractical to manually do that after every drive.

With a Tesla vehicle, there is no privacy.
If you share a car with others, they will know where you are at any point in time, and where you may have navigated to recently.

If that's a concern within your family, you should either stop sharing the car, or get another brand.

There's always one. Every. Single. Time.

I guess I'm selling the car cause I don't think Tesla should, without my permission, track where I've been and randomly display it onscreen.

This is bananas, re Navigation suggestions. It is not the automatic 'work' destination which you can turn off. The system now RANDOMLY suggests previous destinations that have absolutely no rational, and they change every time! The 'recent' is helpful. the 'random' are not recent at all but from months before potentially. I just don't see the point as well as having to scroll down to see the destination you actually want.

Please tell me there is a way to disable this feature or explain why on earth someone thought this was helpful???

I don't want my kid knowing my fav hangouts and she doesn't want me knowing hers when she drives.
Sounds like you both need to have a talk about being honest with each other, or not share the Tesla. My daughter and I share our location with each other via our "iPhones" in the event of an emergency. My daughter was in an accident with our Honda Civic and was extremely distraught, all I had to do was "find" her location and tell her not to panic I will be there in 15 mins.

Reactions: APotatoGod
This is bananas, re Navigation suggestions. It is not the automatic 'work' destination which you can turn off. The system now RANDOMLY suggests previous destinations that have absolutely no rational, and they change every time! The 'recent' is helpful. the 'random' are not recent at all but from months before potentially. I just don't see the point as well as having to scroll down to see the destination you actually want.

Please tell me there is a way to disable this feature or explain why on earth someone thought this was helpful???
It's Tesla. They think they are smarter than everyone when in fact, they're not.

I don't have any privacy concerns, I just find it annoying and bad UI/UX (though it's Tesla, I shouldn't be surprised). Like a lot of people, I tend to go to the same places over and over. I like the "recent" list. Suggested is just stupid and wrong and I have to scroll past it to get to my recents and go where I actually want to go. Once again, Tesla thinks they are smarter than me and they are 100% universally not. EVER. The car cannot drive better than I can and it does not know where I want to go.

Sounds like you both need to have a talk about being honest with each other, or not share the Tesla. My daughter and I share our location with each other via our "iPhones" in the event of an emergency. My daughter was in an accident with our Honda Civic and was extremely distraught, all I had to do was "find" her location and tell her not to panic I will be there in 15 mins.
Appreciate the parenting tip. Thank you.