Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to convince my wife to get a Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Or smart enough to marry the right woman in the first place. I'll be damned if someone is going to dictate how my extra money is spent.
It’s not about anyone dictating to the other. It’s about making decisions that could affect the other, together. Unless you’ve got so much extra money hanging around that an impulse purchase of a $50k+ vehicle will have no impact on day-to-day finances, or retirement plans. If so, then sure, go buy it on a whim without consultation.

Reactions: KJD
Update: yesterday 12/30/2017 we reserved a Model 3!
Just curious, and maybe I missed it but what date did it give you for target delivery? I reserved in Aug 17 and it says "end of 2018". I'm wondering if that's as late at they tell anybody in the US currently and it might not really be accurate for either of us.

The initial email said mid to late 2018 but in my account it says late 2018. Any option I choose is late 2018. We are going to go with dual motor. I wouldn't be surprised if it fell into 2019.

Just curious, and maybe I missed it but what date did it give you for target delivery? I reserved in Aug 17 and it says "end of 2018". I'm wondering if that's as late at they tell anybody in the US currently and it might not really be accurate for either of us.

Does she have abandonment issues?

If so, threaten to leave.

Thank you kindly

The initial email said mid to late 2018 but in my account it says late 2018. Any option I choose is late 2018. We are going to go with dual motor. I wouldn't be surprised if it fell into 2019.

That's pretty much exactly where I am. I want the dual motor so it's not really a big deal but all my options say end of 2018 with an Aug 2017 reservation time.