Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to Disable Phone App When Phone is Lost

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The title pretty much says it, I lost my phone today. I've changed my login to my account, but the phone app hasn't been logged out. I have deleted my phone from the car, only card access is now available to me.

If the phone is deleted from the car, it seems to me if the phone was to ping the car for it's location it shouldn't be able to do it. Am I correct in my assumption?

• Disagree
Reactions: Sklith
Removing it from the car will only prevent it from being a phone key, changing your password should do it, if you have an android phone you can log into your Google account and remote wipe your phone assuming it still has charge and signal, I'm sure there is an apple equivalent to this.

Interesting, I had never considered that. Model S and X can also be controlled / driven etc. through the Tesla app even though it is not a blue tooth key like M3. ??? Please advise what you come up with.

The things I have done are:

1. Change my login password to my account
2. Deleted the phone as a key from the car.

Those are the only things I can think of initially. I typically don't log out of the app, as doing so would negate being able to easily access the car and lock/unlock it. That's why I'm unsure whether the app when opened will it access the car, or because I have changed the password and deleted it from the car it will deny access in any way. I especially don't want the location function to work.

Additionally info, the phone is a Android Samsung J7 Prime. It has the initial security of connecting the dots to access the user window. So, it is mildly secure, I assume someone can google a way to get past it.

Anyway, I lost the phone by accidentally leaving it in a shopping cart at Krogers. Didn't realize I didn't have my phone til I got home, about 10 minutes later. Went back to Krogers to see if it had been returned, no dice. I have assumed it is now lost and gone forever. This is as bad a losing your wallet. What's worse is I didn't enable any tracking app., so no way of locating it. In all the years of owning a cell phone I have never lost one, til now. :(

I just found out that I have an account with Lookout.com, a app that comes with the many useless apps that are loaded into your phone upon purchase. Well, before I found out I had this locator, I went to my tmobile account to let them know that it was lost/stolen. They deactivated the phone. Now, a locator won't be able to find it. :(

I'm trying to contact tmobile to see if they can reinstate access and maybe I can try the locator. What a way to spent a Saturday night. :mad:

I know the panic you had to have been feeling as my phone somehow fell out of my purse and was in the shopping cart in a store before I realized it, having driven part of the way home. Of course I wanted to call the store right then to see if it had been turned in and didn't have a phone to use. I wasn't too far from my husband's office so drove there and we called from his office. I got lucky and someone found it in the cart they took and turned it in. Worse half hour of my life. I had it password protected and also had Find My iPhone enabled (and wasn't a Tesla owner then so no app on the phone), but still no fun.

Keep checking back at Kroger, you never know it may still get turned in. There are still good people out there. Good luck and your posting hopefully will do some good for others out there. You never think it will happen to you until it does.

Reactions: Avid