Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to find tenths of miles traveled?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Although not free, TeslaFi logs mileage using tenths of a mile.

Attachments

• 73627F02-CB4F-4C20-9876-9E27E55E9C84.jpeg
    73627F02-CB4F-4C20-9876-9E27E55E9C84.jpeg
    432 KB · Views: 200
  • Helpful
Reactions: jcanoe and GtiMart
I am very disturbed that the odometer no longer displays tenths. That means that I can no longer measure distances except with my bicycle.

For many decades even the cheapest cars have had odometers which displayed tenths. I cannot imagine why Tesla cheapened the car by deleting tenths. Obviously others have also complained, but apparently Tesla ignores complaints.

But it isn't. I have a dump flip phone. We should not be required to have a smart phone to cover for deficiencies in software updates.

But we are. I had a smart phone but had to add data to my plan so that I could remain connected to the car via the app while out, especially since my phone key doesn't always unlock the car when I walk up to it.) My husband solved that problem by buying the remote fob while it was still available. so both of us came up with solutions but costing $$$.

I think the idea of measuring distance with a car in tenths of a mile on an odometer is a dead concept in new form automobiles. Heck, I would be surprised to see it on any car in a couple years. I think we will have to ride routes on a bike, use our iPhones or watch a Fitbit going forward…

• Disagree
Reactions: sleepydoc
I think the idea of measuring distance with a car in tenths of a mile on an odometer is a dead concept in new form automobiles. Heck, I would be surprised to see it on any car in a couple years. I think we will have to ride routes on a bike, use our iPhones or watch a Fitbit going forward…
Hardly - very often want/need to measure distance driven in less than 1 mile increments. Not having it is just another idiotic decision by Tesla. But we can make fart noises, right?

• Disagree
Reactions: OxBrew and exxxviii