TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

How to remove front seat back panel

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by mbettis, Nov 21, 2015.

1. mbettis

mbettis New Member

I am picking up my MS 85 tomorrow and the first thing I want to install is an invisible mount for a tablet in the headrest of the drivers seat. I am going to try 2 of scosche flush mounts installed on the inside of the plastic panel on the lf seat back. I have taken lots of seat back panels off before but never on a tesla and I don't want to damage it. I assume there are clips on the bottom and it hooks up top but can anyone verify this?

2. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

I'd love to know this too. However, my experience with taking the car apart: front doors, trunk and frunk trim, speaker grills, mirror housing, lower driver's dash, is that everything is done with very robust clips. It is scary pulling them apart, as it is pretty hard. But I haven't broken a clip yet. It usually takes a good sudden yank to let them release. It takes much more force than any other car I have taken apart, which is a fair number. My guess would be to start at the bottom.