Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to tell if lifetime supercharging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That worked for me:

BP00,ADPX2,GLFR,AU01,DA02,APH1,APD1,X028,BT85,P85D,BS00,BC0R,CH01,CW00,COUS,IDHG,X027,DRLH,AF00,FG02,X007,X011,PI00,IX00,X001,LP00,LT1T,X037,MDLS,DV4W,X024,X003,ZCST,PMNG,PA00,PS01,PK00,X031,PX00,PF01,TM00,BR05,RENA,RFPO,USSB,X01325T,ME02,QNLT,SR01,SP00,X021,SC01,SU02,TP02,TR00,TIMP,WTX1,DSH7,MT85P,UTAB,WT19,WR00,YF00,CPF1

Strangest thing. It still says SC01 copying the account status image URL but it says SC04 if I send a curl for the products API.

{"response":[{"id":59592233536991995,"user_id":61404,"vehicle_id":575517726,"vin":"<vin snipped>","display_name":"Tessa","option_codes":"AD15,MDL3,PBSB,RENA,BT37,ID3W,RF3G,S3PB,DRLH,DV2W,W39B,APF0,COUS,BC3B,CH07,PC30,FC3P,FG31,GLFR,HL31,HM31,IL31,LTPB,MR31,FM3B,RS3H,SA3P,STCP,SC04,SU3C,T3CA,TW00,TM00,UT3P,WR00,AU3P,APH3,AF00,ZCST,MI00,CDM0","color":null,"access_type":"OWNER","tokens":["4fec0c3e3e0a0510","13aaa3a59d940a13"],"state":"asleep","in_service":false,"id_s":"59592233536991995","calendar_enabled":true,"api_version":15,"backseat_token":null,"backseat_token_updated_at":null,"command_signing":"off"},

WTH????? Why aren' they the same?

I discovered this by accident when I was pulling battery capacity for my powerwalls.

Strangest thing. It still says SC01 copying the account status image URL but it says SC04 if I send a curl for the products API.

{"response":[{"id":59592233536991995,"user_id":61404,"vehicle_id":575517726,"vin":"<vin snipped>","display_name":"Tessa","option_codes":"AD15,MDL3,PBSB,RENA,BT37,ID3W,RF3G,S3PB,DRLH,DV2W,W39B,APF0,COUS,BC3B,CH07,PC30,FC3P,FG31,GLFR,HL31,HM31,IL31,LTPB,MR31,FM3B,RS3H,SA3P,STCP,SC04,SU3C,T3CA,TW00,TM00,UT3P,WR00,AU3P,APH3,AF00,ZCST,MI00,CDM0","color":null,"access_type":"OWNER","tokens":["4fec0c3e3e0a0510","13aaa3a59d940a13"],"state":"asleep","in_service":false,"id_s":"59592233536991995","calendar_enabled":true,"api_version":15,"backseat_token":null,"backseat_token_updated_at":null,"command_signing":"off"},

WTH????? Why aren' they the same?

I discovered this by accident when I was pulling battery capacity for my powerwalls.

The account status image URL is correct and looks like your Model S has SC01.

This happens when you have multiple Tesla vehicles associated with your account. The option codes MDL3/BT37in your products API query refers to a Model 3 LR whereas the option code in the account status image URL has option code MDLS/BT85 which is a Model S 85kWh. Querying via the API will show the correct VIN, but all the option codes will actually refer to whichever it believes is the first vehicle under that account.

The account status image URL is correct and looks like your Model S has SC01.

This happens when you have multiple Tesla vehicles associated with your account. The option codes MDL3/BT37in your products API query refers to a Model 3 LR whereas the option code in the account status image URL has option code MDLS/BT85 which is a Model S 85kWh. Querying via the API will show the correct VIN, but all the option codes will actually refer to whichever it believes is the first vehicle under that account.

I've never had any tesla other than my current P85D.

I have an order in for a new M3, but have been watching sales of used Teslas.

I noticed some sellers advertise that the car comes with lifetime supercharging, others do not. I understand that the lifetime supercharging program ended around 2017, but is there a way to tell if a private purchase of an older MS would have the benefit still attached to the car and is transferable?
So I bought a used MS and was told free Supercharging and benefits from using a referral code dont apply to used vehicles. Sounds incorrect but this is Tesla used delivery salespeople saying it.

FYI my experience with this on my 2017 MS.
Original owner had 'SC05 - FUSC first owner', it took Tesla about 9 months to change it to 'SC04 - Pay per use supercharging' once the ownership changeover to me happened. I have no idea why it took so long....surely this isn't done manually by someone?
My free supercharging disappeared as soon as I switched the car over to my account. Didn't take a blink of the eye.

So I bought a used MS and was told free Supercharging and benefits from using a referral code dont apply to used vehicles. Sounds incorrect but this is Tesla used delivery salespeople saying it.
What about this isn’t sounding correct? If bought from Tesla recently, no, they are not currently including free supercharging with any of the new or used cars they sell. And referral codes have never applied to used vehicles.

• Funny
Reactions: HovFTW
If you are buying a used Tesla from a private party, you can check through the app by entering “view details” (it is in blue on my app) which under “specs” will show “free unlimited Supercharging” and if you go to “upgrades: manage:active” you can see “Premium Connectivity free unlimited” for the vehicle. I have not found anything else (without spelunking into the code) which list the unlimited SC and free Premium Connectivity. Tesla has listed before that tyese freebies are tied to the car, not the individual. Since inception in 2016 for my vehicle, they have intermittently changed the freebies if you sell it to a dealer vice private party. Now, I noticed that used cars of my vintage sold through Tesla have also withdrawn the freebies. So, if you want the freebies your best bet is to buy one privately because (for now) the freebies would transfer to the new owner.
These freebies and satisfaction with the current vehicle have kept me from buying a new X until now. The numerous new available features have convinced me to buy a new X.
With regard to all of the retrofiting of upgrades: in spite of Elon’s assurances, I am still waiting for the 100 battery upgrade to my 90 and all of the hardware upgrades for autonomous driving that were promised. Accept that you get what is the current state coming off the line and that few, if any, upgrades will be applicable to your new vehicle. In the last six years, there has been only ONE operational hardware upgrade and that was the infotainment chip upgrade which made a quantum difference to the operation of the vehicle (prior to the upgrade, nav and music were nearly unusable because of the latency and freezes requiring multiple reboots just to drive BUT to their credit, the upgrade solved ALL of those problems and is now usable again)
So, what you see when you first get your vehicle is probably ALL that you will get and don’t count on those matrix lights being backwards compatible😇

I am still waiting for the 100 battery upgrade to my 90 a

I believe this program already ended with those 90 that were able to upgraded. Not all 90s were upgradable as there were only a few 90s that were able to upgrade (based on VINs). If you look at some of the old historical Model S posting (there was a guy in SoCal with a red Model S that was a P90DL with a Lightning McQueen wrap) his VIN qualified for the upgrade and he was able to purchase the P100D upgrade... It's all VIN based.

Still the easiest way to determine if you have "Free Lifetime Transferable Supercharging", is looking for the SC01 code.

I believe this program already ended with those 90 that were able to upgraded. Not all 90s were upgradable as there were only a few 90s that were able to upgrade (based on VINs). If you look at some of the old historical Model S posting (there was a guy in SoCal with a red Model S that was a P90DL with a Lightning McQueen wrap) his VIN qualified for the upgrade and he was able to purchase the P100D upgrade... It's all VIN based.

Still the easiest way to determine if you have "Free Lifetime Transferable Supercharging", is looking for the SC01 code.
That is exactly the point I was making. When I bought my X, I was told it only required a software upgrade for autonomous driving and that any range improved batteries would ALL be backwards compatible. It quickly became obvious that more hardware would be required and I was sadly disappointed. I ordered a new X based on assurances that the new refreshed Plaid/long range X will currently have sufficient hardware in them to accomodate truley autonomous driving🤞. Then again, Lucy has a habit of taking the football away at the last minute too.😫 Caveat Emptor!