Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla offers to transfer lifetime free supercharging to new vehicle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Terms include: "Your new vehicle on order does not have a price adjustment".

So it sounds like no inventory vehicles, which will clearly be significantly discounted as the quarter grinds on... you have to pay full price.

Seems like a short-term attempt to improve vehicle margins in exchange for some long-term obligations. Not surprising after this week's earnings call...

Would have been so nice if my 2016.5 Model S hadn't been totaled by a drunk driver in June, that I could transfer SC01 to a new Model Y. Of course, the main reason I'm in the market for a new Model Y is that the S was totaled....

Curious, the webpage doesn't make any distinction between transferable FUSC (SC01), non-transferable FUSC (SC05) and wasn't there a transfer-once FUSC as well? It only says the current vehicle needs to have "free Supercharging" listed under "Specs and Warranty". So even the latter variants seems like they're eligible for this...

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
Would have been so nice if my 2016.5 Model S hadn't been totaled by a drunk driver in June, that I could transfer SC01 to a new Model Y. Of course, the main reason I'm in the market for a new Model Y is that the S was totaled....

Curious, the webpage doesn't make any distinction between transferable FUSC (SC01), non-transferable FUSC (SC05) and wasn't there a transfer-once FUSC as well? It only says the current vehicle needs to have "free Supercharging" listed under "Specs and Warranty". So even the latter variants seems like they're eligible for this...
I got the email, and I read the terms of the offer. It states that your current vehicle must have free supercharging, so yours would be eligible, as is mine. Here are the rules:

I’m looking at the offer, as I’ve having been considering a new S
I currently have a DEC 2016 S90D, which has SC01 free supercharging and AP2, a fairly rare combo
I probably have never used more than 2,000 free supercharging in an year I’ve had this car
Just wondering what you think, but to me, my 3rd party resale value if I sell with free supercharging, is prob a better way for me to go VS the free transfer offer
I doubt I’ve ever used more than $300 or so worth of supercharging in any year

Reactions: pilotSteve
I’m looking at the offer, as I’ve having been considering a new S
I currently have a DEC 2016 S90D, which has SC01 free supercharging and AP2, a fairly rare combo
I probably have never used more than 2,000 free supercharging in an year I’ve had this car
Just wondering what you think, but to me, my 3rd party resale value if I sell with free supercharging, is prob a better way for me to go VS the free transfer offer
I doubt I’ve ever used more than $300 or so worth of supercharging in any year
I am in the same boat with a Dec 2016 MS with SC01 and EAP. I want to keep it as long as I can, as it has been a great, trouble-free car thus far. But we have to worry about battery warranty expiring by Dec 2024 and you will on your own if battery needs a replacement after that. I feel like I am better off transferring supercharging and get another 8 years of warranty on the battery. I wish if they transfer my EAP as well as a package.

Reactions: TK16688
Does that mean if you have 3-years of Free Supercharging, from the recent offer, that you can transfer it and it becomes Free Supercharging for as long as you own the new vehicle?

• Disagree
Reactions: Krash
Terms include: "Your new vehicle on order does not have a price adjustment".

So it sounds like no inventory vehicles, which will clearly be significantly discounted as the quarter grinds on... you have to pay full price.

Seems like a short-term attempt to improve vehicle margins in exchange for some long-term obligations. Not surprising after this week's earnings call...
Most people with free supercharging also have free connectivity, so I won’t be downgrading. Besides, no parking sensors on a 90K car 🙁

Most people with free supercharging also have free connectivity, so I won’t be downgrading. Besides, no parking sensors on a 90K car 🙁
I recently switched to a Model 3 with no USS. I'll say, while they're not perfect and clearly inferior to real sensors, it's really not a huge deal. They work fine and I haven't smashed into anything yet.

If they allowed both FUSC & FSD to transfer then I think the probability of us buying a new Tesla would be 100%, especially if it’s in 2024 with the tax credit changes making it a point of sale rebate instead of a tax credit on our individual income taxes. Plus a MN $2500 rebate. Until they allow both the probability of us giving up our unicorn 2016 S90D with FUSC, FSD, and an opening sunroof is less than 25%, even with these offers.

Got the same offer to transfer super charging. Even though my 2016MS just went out of warranty, I have free supercharging (use it maybe once a month), free connectivity, and parking sensors. I only pay for Spotify, but that's my choice. Fairly cheap/easy car to have.

While this is a much better offer than the previous $2500 discount on a new Tesla, I will still pass.

Dang, I was going to wait until Nov to order, but with the Free SC transfer + Model X price increase that just happened... brb.
1697845199445.png